Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rotating Tires with Überturbine Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing that concerns a lot of PUP option purchasers is the long-term use of the Uberturbine wheels.
I ordered the PUP due to the upgraded brakes as I intend to haul a trailer a LOT with it.

I'm still a few weeks away from getting mine, and I'm still narrowing down replacement wheels & tires for long-term use.

The question I have is.... will the larger BACK wheels fit on the FRONT? In other words, can I rotate the tires if the new wheels and tires take too long to arrive?

(It almost seems like a 100% requirement to purchase a second set of wheels entirely for people who intend to use their MY with PUP for anything more than track racing.)

BTW, once my MY arrives, I'll have a brand new set of Uberturbine wheels with tires to sell!

One thing that concerns a lot of PUP option purchasers is the long-term use of the Uberturbine wheels.
I ordered the PUP due to the upgraded brakes as I intend to haul a trailer a LOT with it.

I'm still a few weeks away from getting mine, and I'm still narrowing down replacement wheels & tires for long-term use.

The question I have is.... will the larger BACK wheels fit on the FRONT? In other words, can I rotate the tires if the new wheels and tires take too long to arrive?

(It almost seems like a 100% requirement to purchase a second set of wheels entirely for people who intend to use their MY with PUP for anything more than track racing.)

BTW, once my MY arrives, I'll have a brand new set of Uberturbine wheels with tires to sell!

I would not recommend this in a staggered setup - if you want to 'rotate' tires on a staggered setup, you can swap left to right and vice versa if the tread pattern is non-directional. If it is directional, you will need to dismount and remount each wheel and tire to their respective side.

As far as the question of it fitting, you will be cutting it close with the wider tires on the front, not sure what the clearance is for the wheel wells. I think you may be able to go up to the 275 on the front? Haven't tried it myself...

• Helpful
Reactions: FrankTUTB

Brakes have the same performance between pup and non pup. Only difference is paint color.