Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rule of thumb for when to get financing quotes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my M3 AWD LR a couple weeks ago and I was wondering if there was a rule of thumb as to when to get financing quotes. I know your quotes are only good for about 30 days, but the fuzziness of when the car will be ready does complicate figuring out when "30 days" is.

When I put my order in, it said 6-9 weeks estimated delivery. If I go to the "Edit design" link on the "Manage my car" page, it says 5-8 weeks as of right now. So should I do an estimate based on 6 weeks, or 9 weeks, or what?

I would predict east coast Model 3 deliveries to begin around the first week of March so I think you can go ahead and get some quotes. I doubt the rates will change much if you go over but you may need to request a new quote. Either way it doesn’t hurt to begin the process early.

Check with your preferred lenders to verify their policy. The credit union I'm using, who does a lot of Tesla loans, said that only the rate and application expires in 30 days. They won't run my credit again unless it goes six months. There may not be any negative to starting the process now. If you look around these forums there are plenty of people who get pleasantly surprised by a 1-2 week delivery wait when they expected months. If you have your financing in order you're better placed to jump on these opportunities.

I ordered on January 29th and I'm rushing to get my approval in place so I'm ready just in case. I don't think the 5-8 week estimate is very accurate in either direction given the evidence in the forums.

Thanks for the insights. I ordered January 26 myself, so I'm pretty much in the same boat as Booma. I just don't want to run too many credit checks, but I'll check if my credit union/loan providers will run a second check if the first one expires.

I would predict east coast Model 3 deliveries to begin around the first week of March so I think you can go ahead and get some quotes. I doubt the rates will change much if you go over but you may need to request a new quote. Either way it doesn’t hurt to begin the process early.
I’m on the east coast and my delivery is scheduled for 2/12. I ordered 1/4