Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumor: Tesla Pulling all Inventory on Thursday 10/26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• FB398B5E-DCE1-4506-80AF-9B91908A004B.png
    FB398B5E-DCE1-4506-80AF-9B91908A004B.png
    379.2 KB · Views: 49
Tesla Inventory List

I see 73 model s 100D’s.

I point them out since the S100D is the best car in the world. :)
Haha, I’d argue the X 100D ;)
But I’m biased based on family size.
Also only 5 of the Model S 75D
Gotta make ya go mmmmmm
Interesting so few S/X 75D, still think they need a bigger gap between the model 3 standard 220 range and the 75D S/X at 249 and 237 or whatever they are

Reactions: GaryW
Currently there are 64 total model X and model S (refresh) available per teslainventory.com
There is not a model X 75D currently available and only 1 model S 75D refresh available

Still no official word but 3rd quarter earnings report is Wednesday afternoon.
Should be full of good stuff

Any more updates on availability (or lack thereof) of inventory vehicles, and what the purpose of pulling them has turned out to be?

Also, what do you guys think the probability of an S & X refresh is by or at the Semi event?

Slim to none. They've got their hands more than full making the M3 line run. They don't have time to retool the S/X line. I hope I'm wrong! :)

Not if you're trying to maximize consumer satisfaction... but what else can be the reason for pulling inventory? Are you thinking there may be an issue with quality/recall type of thing?
No, that never crossed my mind, I'm thinking that the service centers are finally taking priority and giving customers Tesla's. Which maximizes current owner satisfaction. :) This forum has certainly complained about those rentals enough.

There's a cost to all those rental cars. It also drives up new car sales. I was at my local service center yesterday to have the seat belt recall completed (and a minor issue with a piece of chrome that was coming loose) and they had plenty of Tesla loaners.

• Informative
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Only one Model S and one Model X showing on the Tesla.com web site this AM under "New inventory," both black 100Ds. But I wonder if those are either meant to be representative, not specific, or if they are only the one located at my nearest Tesla delivery site. I did not specify a Zip code, but both cars are shown as being in "New England," which is where I am.
Not actually on the market, just curious about this thread....

What can be the reason for pulling inventory, if not an imminent refresh?

Tesla has purged and relisted their inventory cars several times since they started selling inventory cars online, and it's never been tied to a refresh. It's usually tied to manipulating quarterly sales, or filling the loaner/demo pipeline, across-the-board price changes, or "just because" (no identifiable reason).

I'm not saying that a refresh isn't coming (although I highly doubt one is), but pulling inventory definitely is not indicative of a refresh. I also think pulling "stale" (non-refresh) inventory before a refresh doesn't make any real sense. If anything, they would want to closeout that inventory as soon as possible, and refill the inventory, demo, and loaner pipeline with the new models.

There's a strange phenomenon on TMC I've seen so many times.. as soon as anyone even hints that a refresh is coming, it becomes gospel and then nearly everyone jumps on the "a refresh is coming! a refresh is coming!" bandwagon. :rolleyes:

Only one Model S and one Model X showing on the Tesla.com web site this AM under "New inventory," both black 100Ds. But I wonder if those are either meant to be representative, not specific, or if they are only the one located at my nearest Tesla delivery site. I did not specify a Zip code, but both cars are shown as being in "New England," which is where I am.
Not actually on the market, just curious about this thread....

Using the Tesla.com website geo-locates your IP address automatically, so you don't have to enter a zip code. I can see 87 new inventory cars listed between MS and MX right now (in the US).

For me, in my local area (NYC), the Tesla.com site shows 5 MX for sale (all 100Ds), and zero MS (new cars, that is).

I would guess the reason for pulling the inventory just before the end of the quarter:
1. business needs to maximize the revenue and reduce inventory for end of quarter.
2. Tesla has an institutional buyer (3rd party dealer, rental car company, fleet operator, etc.) willing to pay for a mass of cars before quarter close.

Decision made to take a deal for all the inventory to help the financial position on Oct 31.

There's a strange phenomenon on TMC I've seen so many times.. as soon as anyone even hints that a refresh is coming, it becomes gospel and then nearly everyone jumps on the "a refresh is coming! a refresh is coming!" bandwagon. :rolleyes:

It's not surprising. Humans have a looooong history, in the absence of real information, to start reading tea leaves and making up / believing unsubstantiated nonsense. :)

My best guess (and it's just a guess) is they sold a bunch of the inventory cars in the past few months and need most of what's left for demos, service loaners, etc., especially with Model 3 deliveries about to ramp up. I'm with Hank and don't see the connection to a refresh although stranger things have happened.

• Helpful
Reactions: ValueAnalyst