Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumor: Tesla Pulling all Inventory on Thursday 10/26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, the current count is over 1500 total cars in new inventory - if it were truly limited to 244, I could see them ceasing inventory sales to preserve that limited inventory. But with over 1500 total cars, it doesn't seem as much of a problem to me.

Yes, I know, but the numbers I posted are cars that have been listed publicly on Tesla's website and not using an unauthorized, unpublished, internal API.

Tesla has been slowly and steadily decreasing the number of cars (new and used) listed on their website for some reason over the last 4 or 6 weeks. The fact that 1500 or so unlisted cars appear to be available for sale is an exercise left up to the reader.

Yes, I know, but the numbers I posted are cars that have been listed publicly on Tesla's website and not using an unauthorized, unpublished, internal API.

Tesla has been slowly and steadily decreasing the number of cars (new and used) listed on their website for some reason over the last 4 or 6 weeks. The fact that 1500 or so unlisted cars appear to be available for sale is an exercise left up to the reader.

How does one find these other "unlisted" cars so they can make a decision to sort through. I'm all over EV-CPO hitting refresh waiting for the right car to show up.

Where do people get these numbers and info? I see things posted all the time but how do mere mortals know whats actually available either new or CPO
Official New inventory is on the Tesla page.

Official Used [mostly lease returns and trades] is also on the Tesla page.

Then you have the third party sale vehicles which may be on Cars.com, autotrader, ebay, CL, etc etc etc.

Then you have the grey market - as in where a loaner / test driver is sold . . .

Official New inventory is on the Tesla page.

Official Used [mostly lease returns and trades] is also on the Tesla page.

Then you have the third party sale vehicles which may be on Cars.com, autotrader, ebay, CL, etc etc etc.

Then you have the grey market - as in where a loaner / test driver is sold . . .

BS. There is no such thing as gray market or official. Those are terms you have just made up as applied to this situation. Like any auto dealer, Tesla also sells loaner and test drive vehicles. These cars are sold as new inventory with a discount to incentivize buyers against some number of mileage. This is not some secret, nefarious trade and Tesla isn't trying to pull one over on anyone, as the tone of your responses here imply. I'm being completely honest when I say I harbor no ill will towards you when I say that this sort of seething combativeness seems to be the tone of many of your posts here. For someone who is not a Tesla owner, you seem to have a significant amount of seemingly manufactured outrage against the company.

Reactions: EinSV
Guesses: New Model 3 inspired dash. New MCU. New steering wheel. Interior camera. HUD. Perhaps too soon for the 21-70 battery (130 kWh ;) ), but maybe 85 kWh variant replacing 75 kWh... Upgraded/moved/dual charge ports not out of the question either in case there is some Supercharging news...

Oh and lighted vanity mirrors. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
BS. There is no such thing as gray market or official. Those are terms you have just made up as applied to this situation. Like any auto dealer, Tesla also sells loaner and test drive vehicles. These cars are sold as new inventory with a discount to incentivize buyers against some number of mileage. This is not some secret, nefarious trade and Tesla isn't trying to pull one over on anyone, as the tone of your responses here imply. I'm being completely honest when I say I harbor no ill will towards you when I say that this sort of seething combativeness seems to be the tone of many of your posts here. For someone who is not a Tesla owner, you seem to have a significant amount of seemingly manufactured outrage against the company.

@GWord Ok - so I used different words than you. . . geesh - give me a break.

'unofficial' inventory. as where a loaner or test driver is sold? Isn't that the same exact thing?

Explain to me where my post was combative?

Official New on the webpage

Official Used - on the webpage

Non-Tesla related and then -

'Other' - how is any of that combative?

As for not being an owner - like I've said - once Tesla delivers the vehicle I will be . . .

If I want to be combative and obnoxious - you'll know - as in right now. Until then - why not simply take my words for the what they mean in the dictionary. . . . fair enough? If you want to add any emotions to them, please do so at your own peril.

Reactions: SnowFlyer
'unofficial' inventory. as where a loaner or test driver is sold? Isn't that the same exact thing?
No such thing as "unofficial" or "grey market".

There really is no distinction between "New" and "Inventory" for cars listed on Tesla's website. Those could be really new cars, they could be loaners, demos or any other car Tesla hasn't sold yet. They are all "official."

You could buy a "New" car on the Tesla website, and by the time you get it, it might have been used as a loaner or demo and the price will reflect the additional miles put on the car (although that's not common, it has happened). Cars listed with 50 miles are usually "new" cars, but they also carry "showroom discounts" which put them into the "Inventory" category, along with the demos and loaners.

The only way to get a truly "NEW" car is to do a custom order, it will have very few miles, and zero showroom discount.

• Helpful
Reactions: jaguar36 and EinSV
@GWord Ok - so I used different words than you. . . geesh - give me a break.

Explain to me where my post was combative?

Official New on the webpage

Official Used - on the webpage

Non-Tesla related and then -

'Other' - how is any of that combative?

As for not being an owner - like I've said - once Tesla delivers the vehicle I will be . . .

If I want to be combative and obnoxious - you'll know - as in right now. Until then - why not simply take my words for the what they mean in the dictionary. . . . fair enough? If you want to add any emotions to them, please do so at your own peril.

Man, listen, I totally sympathize. Being on the receiving end of criticism, even if well intentioned, is tough. I usually lose my cool too (and to be fair to you I opened it pretty strong). I just figured that, based on your velocity of posting, you want to integrate into the community. To that end I thought it might be helpful for you to get one perspective on how you are being perceived. Based on your reaction, it might be a bit of a blind spot for you. I accept that I'm wrong about you too. Maybe your law firm is having a rough patch and you're bored looking for a bit of excitement. I don't get the sense you're here to be a troll though. If so, kudos, I walked right into it. :D I'll let it drop; I probably shouldn't have polluted the thread with my sidebar anyway.

We need someone disguised hiding/sitting outside the Tesla factory with an X-ray camera and silent insect drones seeing what is coming off the lines. Perhaps someone could have a casual chat with some of those recently released factory folks too.

Reactions: zmarty
Clamping down upon non-custom (post production) sales until the cars are at least a little older:

a) is another (new) demand lever, and also

b) partially fulfills a previous promise to increase supply In order to provide Tesla loaners.

Doesn’t do jack for another promise (only high end loaners), nor is it a perfect solution (see showroom cars) but it does seem to be a step in the right direction.