Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Running cables from frunk to cabin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! Those in the know, please chime in!
I am working on a couple different projects which require running some cabling from the frunk of the Model X to the cabin. If you could advise me, I would certainly appreciate it as I could not figure out an easy way. I am probably missing something....

Thanks in advance

Hey sandman don’t use that point for power! That feeds your fuse box and is fused upstream. Instead, look at where the connection is on the battery terminal (upstream) and use that point.

cheers,

PS. Wish I saw this earlier to give you a hand, I’ve done the same thing

Hey sandman don’t use that point for power! That feeds your fuse box and is fused upstream. Instead, look at where the connection is on the battery terminal (upstream) and use that point.

cheers,

The reason I say don’t use it is because, whatever you’re installing, if the device shorts to ground your power to the fuse box will be lost and then you’ll be dead in the water

cheers,

Wouldn't the inline fuse he mentioned prevent any interference with the fuse box? The fuse would blow first, right?

Wouldn't the inline fuse he mentioned prevent any interference with the fuse box? The fuse would blow first, right?
Yes you’re right but just imagine the worst case scenario. The upstream fuse is for the fuse box only. It is sized to compensate the factory fuse box loads. If you add another, potentially increasing the risk for a unsized fused load. You wouldn’t want your fuse box to all blow. Bad on road situation

Reactions: Genie