Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rural home-charging setup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ah, I checked and the RCD element is not type B ... confusing

You are looking for a symbol like this on the front

Type-B.jpg

Looks neat, like the curved edge to the grass bit, looks a lot classier than just a straight edge.

Having had to do some extensive repairs in our water treatment plant shed earlier this year, I'm wondering if it might be an idea to put some fine mesh down on the slatted floor, to try to keep out mice. We seem to have had a family of them in the water shed, and they chewed up both some plastic water pipes and some plastic electrical conduit, as well as leaving a pile of empty hazel nut shells in there. I spent the best part of a day rodent proofing the shed, although I couldn't see any obvious holes where they were getting in. I read online that mice can get through a hole about the same diameter as a pencil, though, seems remarkable if true.

Reactions: Adopado
That’s a good shout, it’s the front edge that will be the problem if they are going to get busy, I’ll have a think about how to sort that :)

The curved edge works a treat for the sit-on mower, first test was this morning. A happy mower is a happy LongRanger.

All I need now is an electric vehicle...... to balance out the mowing emissions.

Mice can also climb walls pretty easily, caught one on the CCTV at our last house, climbing straight up a brick wall and squeezing through a gap in the eaves to get into the loft. Our water shed was already insulated and lined out inside with close fitting plywood, so I can only assume that they were coming in where the pipes and cables come up through the floor, as the holes were a bit over sized, or perhaps under the lower edge of the door.

I stuffed commercial grade stainless steel pan scourers (bought from ebay) around all the gaps around pipes etc, and then stapled fine mesh expanded metal cut to fit around the pipes as a secondary barrier, to stop them just pushing the stainless wool out. I unravelled some of the stainless pan scourer stuff and stapled it all around where the door closes, so when the door's shut it's compressing the stainless wool to close any small gaps. Not sure it it's worked, as it seems the mice only try and get in come the winter, looking for somewhere a bit warmer, perhaps.

Yeah we are blessed with plenty of the little darlings here, used to dealing with them - as are our cats, most mornings we are presented with various states of horror as friendly gifts.

Easy fix - just add a cat flap to the shed and encourage one of the cats to hang out in there . . .

(I can see the flaw in that idea, cats don't really do "encouragement" do they?)

Mice and rats are a nightmare!

They have chewed their way through loads of machinery, electrical and everything in between here over the years. Just part and parcel of rural life, despite baiting etc.

Latest episode over winter they decided that they enjoyed tucking into heavy foil lined engine heat shielding, I’ve heard they use it for nesting. They managed to get through an entire tracked machine engine bays worth, then started on parts the wiring loom :eek: Luckily we spotted them before it got *really* expensive.

So far they have left the Tesla alone, preferring the piquant taste of German wiring insulation over ‘merican.:p

Mice and rats are a nightmare!

They have chewed their way through loads of machinery, electrical and everything in between here over the years. Just part and parcel of rural life, despite baiting etc.

Latest episode over winter they decided that they enjoyed tucking into heavy foil lined engine heat shielding, I’ve heard they use it for nesting. They managed to get through an entire tracked machine engine bays worth, then started on parts the wiring loom :eek: Luckily we spotted them before it got *really* expensive.

So far they have left the Tesla alone, preferring the piquant taste of German wiring insulation over ‘merican.:p

As per an earlier thread, rats ate my Tesla last winter to £4K worth of damage. It now has a 'Ratmat' surround.