Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I understood that correctly then he doesn't see the possibility of any kind of Democracy in 'the land of the Moscovites'. It's either something similar to what we have today or something even worse. Sounds like something the Kremlin would like to 'push' at this point...

Reading again it seems there is some kind of alternative. But he doesn't really specify what that alternative is...

He has opined elsewhere that Russia has three possible outcomes: becoming North Korea, re-establishing Imperial Russia with a new Czar, or break up into many countries like Yugoslavia. And he has said the last one is probably the best outcome for the rest of the world as well as the Russian territories that are not white and ethnic Russian.

Democracy is an alien concept in Russia. The one time they sort of tried it was in the 90s and the country was in chaos. They have really only known various flavors of authoritarian and their political instincts go in that direction. Many Russians in Russia consider democracy a weak political system. And truthfully, it does have weaknesses, though a well run democracy is the healthiest form of government for the largest number of people in a given country.

Galeev has been trying to educate people that the so called liberals in Russia are not anything like the liberals in western democracies. They're just to the left of the fascist regime running the country now.

I enjoy reading @BMW740iL the same way I enjoyed reading and interacting with various TSLAQ crowd on twitter (and the occasional Tesla haters here) — watching and often goading them to confirm their bias, post red herrings, be confronted with facts evidence and logic that caused them to turn cognitive somersaults to keep up their narrative appearances has been oddly, perhaps perversely, fascinating.

In this case I see he (I assume) is in Amsterdam and wonder if he is Dutch, or Russian expat, or other background that might illuminate what sort of creature might have the cognitive wherewithal to find their way to a Tesla forum, but still have some odd inexplicable allegiance to a corrupt, immoral, barbaric war criminal.

I enjoy reading @BMW740iL the same way I enjoyed reading and interacting with various TSLAQ crowd on twitter (and the occasional Tesla haters here) — watching and often goading them to confirm their bias, post red herrings, be confronted with facts evidence and logic that caused them to turn cognitive somersaults to keep up their narrative appearances has been oddly, perhaps perversely, fascinating.

In this case I see he (I assume) is in Amsterdam and wonder if he is Dutch, or Russian expat, or other background that might illuminate what sort of creature might have the cognitive wherewithal to find their way to a Tesla forum, but still have some odd inexplicable allegiance to a corrupt, immoral, barbaric war criminal.
Happy to oblige and to hear you enjoy my postings.
Sorry, I am not qualified to illuminate your allegiance to the corrupt, immoral, barbaric war criminal Barack Obama.
But have you tried Google?

The message sent by these high-profile detentions: Nearly anyone is now punishable in Vladimir Putin’s Russia.

The flurry of arrests across the country in recent days has signaled that the Kremlin is intent on tightening the noose around Russian society even further.

Sorry, I am not qualified to illuminate your allegiance to the corrupt, immoral, barbaric war criminal Barack Obama.

Barry O is a genius and a hell of a guy, you take that back!

I think we can go ahead and ban this guy now. We've seen all his material and had all the laughs we're gonna get out of him.

Normally I would abstain from replying to what is such an obvious attempt at goading those with the view point you have been trying to sway, but this is too perfect a rebuttal to ignore. And unlike your posting, it’s germane to the topic of this thread. As per the story linked below, please help us understand how you view the previous actions of our former president. Clearly the Russians are disappointed in the words he is currently espousing. And he is much more inline with most (first two have factual evidence, third and fourth are probably an over reach) of the adjectives you ascribed to his predecessor.

Note: I have no interest in advocating for/against any US President here. My comments are only directed at the topic and the poster’s comments.

Last edited:
An analysis of Russia's failure in Donbas
Thread by @PhillipsPOBrien on Thread Reader App

As for the crimes of US presidents, pretty much all of them have committed crimes or at least something questionable in office. Maybe the only one 100% innocent is William Henry Harrison who got sick after his long inauguration speech in cold weather and died a month later. He wasn't there long enough to commit any crimes.

Even the "great" presidents like Lincoln and both Roosevelts had some questionable things they did in office.

It comes down to scale and the overall damage in the end.

Others have discussed this subject (most notably @wdolson ) previously, but this long thread in Twitter by Thomas C. Theiner, describes how the use of Ukraine’s new weapons is now disrupting Russia’s supply chains in Donbas because of Russia’s limited logistics.

As an aside, credit due to the posters here who got me reading Twitter to see more source material about what is happening.

Last edited:
Others have discussed this subject (most notably @wdolson ) previously, but this long thread in Twitter by Thomas C. Theiner, describes how the use of Ukraine’s new weapons is now disrupting Russia’s supply chains in Donbas because of Russia’s limited logistics.

As an aside, credit due to the posters here who got me reading Twitter to see more source material about what is happening.

Before the war started I rarely used Twitter. My partner has been on Twitter quite a bit for a few years and she put me onto the quality sources. She came across this very article earlier this evening and read it to me. It is a good analysis.

The same author has some good articles. I bookmarked the Threadreader link
Latest Twitter Threads by @noclador on Thread Reader App

Russia moves economy to war footing

Russia's proxy seizes international shipping - a fast way to discourage any vessels coming to your ports

Though the last may be some form of wierd bargaining chip re the stolen grain ship that is now detained by Turkey

Try to answer with precision and specificity rather than lame what-about-ism. Hopefully you have the cognitive resources to draft an intelligent coherent answer. we will see.

Why do you support Putin's 2022 invasion of Ukraine?

Russia moves economy to war footing

That does help Russia a bit on the production side, but it's limited. To keep up with their burn rate on ammunition (as well as the Ukrainian destruction of their ammunition warehouses), they would need to do a 1941 scale military build up and I don't think they are anywhere near capable of ramping production to the levels they need. They may be able to double it, but the Ukrainains are getting good at killing Russians with their own ammunition before it gets to a gun or rocket launcher.

Russia's proxy seizes international shipping - a fast way to discourage any vessels coming to your ports

Though the last may be some form of wierd bargaining chip re the stolen grain ship that is now detained by Turkey

So to protest an action by Turkey they seize a Panamanian and Liberian flagged vessels. Turkey lawfully detaining a Russian flagged vessel carrying stolen goods. Coast Guards all around the world do that all the time. That is about as rational as invading Mexico in response to Pearl Harbor.

Another Perun is up

This one answers the questions about why Germany has failed so badly at supplying Ukraine with the equipment it promised. Rather than anything nefarious, the German military spending system is badly broken and just about completely paralyzed with bureaucracy. Germany has outstanding quality troops, outstanding quality equipment, but they waste staggering mountains of Euros with a completely screwed up process of spending their money on the military. A great video that explains a lot.