Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For a long time now I have been of the opinion that Elon is simultaneously the greatest catalyst and threat to $TSLA. A true double-edged sword. On the one hand his entrepreneurial spirit, drive and vision is unparalleled. On the other hand, I think that fame has risen above his head over the last few years. Having so many followers on Twitter, and in general being more famous than a movie star alters a person's psyche. I also suspect that he (voluntarily or involuntarily) surrounds himself with yes-men both online and in real life (e.g., see the persons he often responds to on Twitter, which basically have fulltime jobs hailing him hoping for a reply, and during Earning's calls I get authoritarian vibes from him toward his colleagues).

Imo it is up to each individual to determine if they can live with that, and I have chosen that I can, but it is wise to re-evaluate every once in a while.

Maybe he didn't pay enough to flash crowds when reading Snow Crash.

1664823897553.png

For a long time now I have been of the opinion that Elon is simultaneously the greatest catalyst and threat to $TSLA. A true double-edged sword. On the one hand his entrepreneurial spirit, drive and vision is unparalleled. On the other hand, I think that fame has risen above his head over the last few years. Having so many followers on Twitter, and in general being more famous than a movie star alters a person's psyche. I also suspect that he (voluntarily or involuntarily) surrounds himself with yes-men both online and in real life (e.g., see the persons he often responds to on Twitter, which basically have fulltime jobs hailing him hoping for a reply, and during Earning's calls I get authoritarian vibes from him toward his colleagues).

Imo it is up to each individual to determine if they can live with that, and I have chosen that I can, but it is wise to re-evaluate every once in a while.

Genius comes as a package...

I loved that pigeon as a man loves a woman, and she loved me. As long as I had her, there was a purpose to my life.” - Nikola Tesla

Agreed. The man has done much for the world’s future which gives him a pass in my view. Also, I respect him for speaking his mind regardless of the fallout which is not often found in today’s highly politicized world (I’d rather people speak “straight“ and different opinions are welcome).

He is clearly wrong in his Ukraine tweets today.

I think the war should end - and is most likely to end - according to the stated objectives of the Ukrainian Government. I think he is being incredibly disrespectful to Ukrainian sacrifice and unforgivably naïve to the reality of the present and to history.

I will not be surprised if he lashes out in response to how unpopular his regurgitation of Russian propaganda is. "Ukraine is so ungrateful, I'm taking away Starlink."
One of the stated objectives is the recapture of Crimea, which seems improbable. Improbable things have occurred throughout history, but I wouldn't bet on them.

Absolutely nuts tweet by Elon. Wrong on history of Crimea. Crazy idea to hold 'elections' after Russia has ethnically cleansed areas even though Ukraine would probably still win. Russia has spent the last six months killing all men in those areas, taking children into Russia and making it impossible to live there for people who don't agree with them. So Russia steals an area and Ukraine MUST supply water to it from it's own resources? WTF?

Elon is unfortunately having another covid-is-only-a-cold moment...

Elon simply wants the war to stop. He is not as interested as the new lines are drawn on the map, but about the people that will be killed and made miserable until the fighting stops.

Of course, many would like to see the Underdog Ukraine win back the territory they previously ruled (including Crimea), but the undeniable truth is that many will die and many will be made miserable during this process.

Does it really matter to most people on Earth, just exactly where the lines on the map between Russia and Ukraine are drawn?

Historically, most all lines on the map are drawn due to Military conflict. USA redrew it's lines due to Lousiana Purchased, caused by France needing $ to pay for their ongoing war, or the war we won over Mexico to gain Texas, New Mexico, SoCal etc.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Elon simply wants the war to stop. He is not as interested as the new lines are drawn on the map, but about the people that will be killed and made miserable until the fighting stops.

Of course, many would like to see the Underdog Ukraine win back the territory they previously ruled (including Crimea), but the undeniable truth is that many will die and many will be made miserable during this process.

Does it really matter to most people on Earth, just exactly where the lines on the map between Russia and Ukraine are drawn?

Historically, most all lines on the map are drawn due to Military conflict. USA redrew it's lines due to Lousiana Purchased, caused by France needing $ to pay for their ongoing war, or the war we won over Mexico to gain Texas, New Mexico, SoCal etc.

Maybe he should shut his trap for a minute and stick to cars and rockets instead of pontificating on border lines.

This will be all over RT tonight.

This has been talked about many times in this thread...

In short:

IF the Dictator isn't thrown out of Ukraine he will just rebuild his Mass-Murdering military machine and attack again. He will never stop. And there are seemingly many, many others just like him inside Russia today. Therefore appeasement isn't an option. And that is why this is Ukraine's stance in this 'conflict'.

Last edited:
This has been talked about many times in this thread...

In short:

IF the Dictator isn't thrown out of Ukraine he will just rebuild his Mass-Murdering military machine and attack again. He will never stop. And there are seemingly many, many others just like him inside Russia today. Therefore appeasement isn't an option. And that is why this is Ukraine's stance in this 'conflict'.

Also:

Before the Dictator invaded in February this year Russia scored 20/100 in Freedom House's Country Report. Ukraine had 60/100. What will Russia get in the next Country Report? North Korea currently has 3/100... Now imagine what Ukraine could have had today if the Dictator hadn't invaded in 2014... And if the Dictator's 'intelligence agencies' hadn't metaphorically speaking poisoned Ukraine since the year XXXX (whenever it started)?...

For every land area the Dictator controls in Ukraine – that means that the people living there will have to say goodbye to Democracy and Freedom for the foreseeable future. FACT: There has never been a Democratic and Fair election inside of what today is the Russian Federation ever! (And I'm of course not counting the areas of Ukraine that the Dictator has 'claimed'.) And on top of all of this is the Dictator's torture, rapes, murders, 'filtration' camps and mobile crematoriums.

Sources:

Last edited:
Just voted, now 830K votes, 85% like Elon who supports Ukraine.

I'm afraid this is another Alt-R trick: when facing lots of criticism (stock down nearly 9%) don't bother with facts, distract with something that will create clicks and inflame a debate, no matter how stupid it makes you look, you can just distract them again tomorrow.

Just voted, now 830K votes, 85% like Elon who supports Ukraine.

I'm afraid this is another Alt-R trick: when facing lots of criticism (stock down nearly 9%) don't bother with facts, distract with something that will create clicks and inflame a debate, no matter how stupid it makes you look, you can just distract them again tomorrow.

Nah, Elon's opinion is from the Peter Thiel/David Sachs/foxNews/Tucker Carlson/Donald Trump crowd. Don't know why this crowd has this opinion, but some of them (Carlson, Trump, foxnews) are probably due to direct payment by Russians. The other ones (Thiel, Sachs - both good friends of Elon) have stupidly bought into that crap completely - they may be (in fact, are) good businessmen, but their understanding of geopolitics is completely moronic.

Last edited: