Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And it can make those decisions when they can fund their own war with their own money, not mine and yours.

Oh PLEASE. The amount of money we have spent for Ukraine is chump change. It's literally less than what one MONTH of the Iraqi or Afgan wars cost us.

Literally we are sending them equipment that is near the end of shelf-life (the Javelins, etc. have been photo'd - they are old stock, not the latest revisions). This is equipment we would have to PAY to decommission, or PAY to up-keep. We get to FIELD TEST old gear to see how it holds up to the latest Russian gear, and at no risk of life to our troops. That right there, is a win-win.

Plus, the USA has confiscated 300B+ in Russian state bank accounts. You really think we will give that back to them? Nope. It's going to go to Ukraine to rebuild, and I'm sure we'll get to stick our hand in the kiddy to pay for some things.

I'm sure we'll get to stick our hand in the kiddy to pay for some things.

1D978859-523B-46DC-A267-34C8E85E8A96.jpeg

I don’t owe Ukraine penny one and neither does any American that isn’t a career politician that can’t keep their pocket rocket in their pants.
If the USA's signature on something is worth nada, then best the USA fesses up.

Then at least the rest of the world can get their nukes in a row on their own.

We are either with Ukraine, or agin Ukraine. To be neutral is to support the aggressor.

You know we've had this thread going since the beginning of the recent conflict and we've done fine and had an interesting discussion without the immature and derogatory messages you are posting electric1ac. Please knock it off, post something relevant or don't post and just read what must be a very different viewpoint. The difference is the views are expressed with professionalism and consideration.

If the USA's signature on something is worth nada, then best the USA fesses up.

Then at least the rest of the world can get their nukes in a row on their own.

We are either with Ukraine, or agin Ukraine. To be neutral is to support the aggressor.
Well said as always! Obviously most Americans believe it means something as this is one issue where Americans come together.

Do you have more information on this?

Google: "Russian Central Bank Assets Frozen". There are dozens of reports from just as many countries.

Russia was storing away billions upon billions in "rainy day" funds, in US Dollars, in foreign banks.

In addition to those funds being frozen, as far back as April the US Gov had confiscated about 30Bil USD in funds and luxury items from various Russian oligarchs.

This pretty much sums it up, and this is back in late June:

Whether they do or not, it’s certainly something to think long and hard about.

We suck at proxy wars and should stop participating in them.

Fortunately, in this one, all we are doing is suppling gear and know-how. We don't have boots in the "hot zone".

And say what you want - NO ONE makes weapons of war like the USA. For better, or for worse.

Google: "Russian Central Bank Assets Frozen". There are dozens of reports from just as many countries.

Russia was storing away billions upon billions in "rainy day" funds, in US Dollars, in foreign banks.

In addition to those funds being frozen, as far back as April the US Gov had confiscated about 30Bil USD in funds and luxury items from various Russian oligarchs.

This pretty much sums it up, and this is back in late June:

So piracy is okay when the government does it, cool.

So piracy is okay when the government does it, cool.

It's an imperfect world. I'm a realist, just calling it as I see it.

EDIT - there is precedent for this. The allies seized a lot of German assets during and after the war, and required Germany to pay reparations for decades.

To the victor go the spoils?

I think we are being trolled or at least it sure feels like it.
So it’s a troll because it’s a dissenting opinion. Got it.

Our own country is falling apart as we watch with bated breath. It is not a prudent time to be bankrolling proxy wars with a nuclear power that could kick off nuclear winter.