Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Click user name
Click more options
Click ignore
Hmmm .. I think stuff must have changed ... any suggestions ?

1664917226770.png

Riddle me this:

Are we actually in a war with Russia ourselves? If not, should we be?

No, and no. But that doesn't mean (and this is going to probably go off the "political rails quickly") that we should not help a SOVERIGN nation protect itself against an unprovoked aggressor.

And for the record, I was not a proponent of the Gulf wars and Afghanistan.

What if the roles were reversed, and the US wasn't a superpower, but say Canada or Mexico was, and massed troops on our borders "just because they can", and invaded? We called out for help, would you not believe that "those with the power to help, should help" does not apply? Could be my Christian bias there, but I believe we have a moral responsibility to help those less fortunate and in need. And all Ukraine has asked for is help defending itself, by supplying weapons and supplies. They have not asked for us to join the fight directly. Heck, we spent a LOT more on COVID-related bailouts than we have on helping Ukraine. Thousands of times more was spent on COVID relief.

Last edited:
I believe we have a moral responsibility to help those less fortunate and in need. And all Ukraine has asked for is help defending itself, but supplying weapons and supplies. They have not asked for us to join the fight directly. Heck, we spent a LOT more on COVID-related bailouts than we have on helping Ukraine. Thousands of times more was spent on COVID relief.

And in a healthy, booming economy one might be more inclined to lend a helping hand. This is not today.

And in a healthy, booming economy one might be more inclined to lend a helping hand. This is not today.

Meh, the USA just prints money. That's not really a valid argument to not help. We've run deficits for the bulk of the past 50 years.

Hell, right now, we are the ONLY economy not circling the toilet.

Have you travelled abroad lately? It's pretty ugly in some countries right now inflation-wise. FAR worse than we have it here.

Obviously russian forces collapsed in norhtern Kherson yesterday and today. They will pull back which might provide access to cached fuel and ammo or it could be in vain. Next 48 hours will be interesting. They had 4 months to prepare a second line of defense.
I think they are now behind their third set of lines in northern Kherson. David Bryd was where the third set were. The fourth set is the perimeter of Nova Khakova.

So that’s why we need 87,000 new IRS agents, right?

As for inflation, I don’t think we are as well off as our mockingbird media projects.

I run a company with employees in about 12 different countries (including Russia!). We are FAR better off than just about every other country out there.

Gotcha, this line will be quite the contraction in force. Interestingly most of the tank you see abandoned in Kherson are t62s. Crazy

Odd indeed. I thought the Russians sent their best troops to Kherson. VDV, Spetsnaz. Then why are there so many T-62’s there? In the North they have T-80’s, but not their elite troops. It doesn’t seem logical.