Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and as we speak the t55/54 are rolling from Siberia to the front. Russia is literally pulling out 80 year old tanks models from storage. Frankly, that was a great tank for it's time. Simple, fast, good cannon. I would think a Bradly bushmaster with AP rounds would actually pierce that armor.
Lots of posts about T-34s in Ukraine before the summer. But I have higher hopes for putin and his gang. They should be able to find a ghost or two in some Siberian warehouse resembling a BT-5 or a T-26. Spanish civil war era меланхолия (melancholia)...

Yesterday Sevastopol was attacked. Lots of anti aircraft fire taking place but then it looks like a ship was hit. Sevastopol is a long way from Ukraine so it is not clear what delivered the explosives. Anti-aircraft fire was rather non discriminate, tracers going every which way. Maybe there were multiple targets.

Just a continuation of the series of attacks occurring every night. Russias attacks yesterday were in retaliation. This is what Russia has been reduced to..shooting missiles at apartments in retaliation for attacks on weapons depots, naval ships, etc. What complete criminals.

NSFL:
This shows why the losses are so high for Russia. Ukraine has had time to optimize their drone production, their sensors, their tactics and their ammunition to the point that they can just pick off the poor conscripts that Russia sends to the meat grinder...
It's almost maddening that the drones were right there and dropped one successful charge, but most of the invaders in the group still get away. If only each drone could carry multiple charges.

Last edited:
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
The Dictator's newest 'Wunderwaffe'?... ;)

"From Hibernation to Humiliation? Russia Brings T-54 Tanks Out of Retirement

[Posted: Yesterday (My edit.)]

The CIT team has obtained photographs of a train transporting military vehicles from Russia’s Far East. We identified the vehicles as Soviet-era T-54/55 series tanks: T-54s as well as tanks which may be either late T-54 or T-55 tanks were both on that train.

As we have established, the filmed train has recently departed from the town of Arsenyev, Primorsky region, where the 1295th Central Tank Repair and Storage Base is located. [..."

Credit goes to (in Swedish):

The article says this is the first documented T-54/T-55 withdraw from storage, but I saw a Tweet with T-54s or T-55s on a train headed to Belarus a few months ago. But it does look like they are drawing all the T-54s and T-55s they can get running out of storage now. A clear sign of an army in distress.

North Korea is supposed to have around 650 T-34s. Cuba has over 600 too. Maybe North Korea will sell them their T-34s?

This is supposed to be the 2nd army in the world?

A significant nember of reconnaissance aircraft close to Kaliningrad showing up currently. More at one time than I've spotted in a while....

View attachment 920100
RFR7040 = UK BOEING P-8 Poseidon
JAKE11 = US Boeing RC-135W Rivet Joint
REDEYE6 = US Boeing E-8C Joint STARS
RRR7222 = UK Boeing RC-135W Rivet Joint
NATO03 = Lux. Boeing E-3A Sentry

NATO02 (Boeing E-3A Sentry) also circling over the North Sea
There's also been a B52 (NOBLE31) flying out of Spain and making it's presence known over Europe recently. Currently messing around over Italy.

Part of it might be flying the flag, but NATO is also probably trying to ascertain for sure what Russia's war stance is vs the west.

I love that they are all blasting out ADS-B out data. I wonder if the Russians are doing the same. Do you ever see allied fighters outputting ADS-B extended squitter?

In controlled air spaces fighters need to have ADS-B turned on. It helps ground controllers in preventing collisions. It would not help anyone's reputation if a 777 collided with an F-16 because the F-16 had it's ID tuned off.

I'm sure there are fighters operating with it turned off over the Baltic and Black Sea.

Lots of posts about T-34s in Ukraine before the summer. But I have higher hopes for putin and his gang. They should be able to find a ghost or two in some Siberian warehouse resembling a BT-5 or a T-26. Spanish civil war era меланхолия (melancholia)...

That would be hilarious. Those were completely obsolete in 1941. Older German tanks cut through them like a hot knife through butter during the invasion. The bulk of Soviet tanks were those old light tanks. The early T-34s and KVs were in short supply. Those gave the German invaders fits Panzer IIIs with a 50mm gun could penetrate the armor on an early T-34, but they had to get close to do it. Most German tanks at that point still had 37mm guns.

Yesterday Sevastopol was attacked. Lots of anti aircraft fire taking place but then it looks like a ship was hit. Sevastopol is a long way from Ukraine so it is not clear what delivered the explosives. Anti-aircraft fire was rather non discriminate, tracers going every which way. Maybe there were multiple targets.

Just a continuation of the series of attacks occurring every night. Russias attacks yesterday were in retaliation. This is what Russia has been reduced to..shooting missiles at apartments in retaliation for attacks on weapons depots, naval ships, etc. What complete criminals.

I heard there may have been a naval drone attack, but that doesn't account for all the AA fire. The Russians may also be twitchy after the successful attack the other day.

NSFL:
This shows why the losses are so high for Russia. Ukraine has had time to optimize their drone production, their sensors, their tactics and their ammunition to the point that they can just pick off the poor conscripts that Russia sends to the meat grinder...

I read several months ago the transcript of a call from a mobik back home. He said that if more than 3 people concentrated anywhere, a drone would attack them. Because turnover among the infantry has been sky high, nobody is left to train the new comers in the institutional knowledge that any kind of concentration is suicide.

A couple of interesting stories. Apparently in some places male students can't receive their diploma on graduation fro university without "volunteering" for the military
Thread by @ChrisO_wiki on Thread Reader App

An account from a survivor of one of the units virtually wiped out at Vuhledar
Thread by @ChrisO_wiki on Thread Reader App

@wdolson the various videos were quite interesting, lots of flax. Someone was filming all the flak and then boom something in the water blew. Later in the day radio is telling people not to panic😅. Ukraine is getting very sophisticated so might have had a diversion attack to get all the eyes up in the sky, they'd have know if the naval drone was close, it must be tracked. Anyhow, interesting times. Noel's twitter feed had some good clips, many more on TG.

This second recon is interesting. Probe, watch reactions, probe again. Wait for artillery to wake up and strike them. Keep doing long enough (weeks and weeks) and they lose all the artillery in that sector. Unless they rob it from somewhere else. Interesting stuff. Wonder if artillery losses will be higher tomorrow.

How is Bakhmut still standing? It sounded like Ukraine was going to retreat 2 weeks ago already, and Russian trolls were so confident that they were already inside the city limits - even pro-Ukraine sources made it sound like it was basically falling last week. Now Zelenskiy is visiting? Impressive defense, I guess.

But I still don't see how Russia couldn't take it with all the troops they've thrown at it... pretty much continuously for months. Unless the plan is really just to kill off Wagner Group + the non-Muscovy prisoners/undesirables... Could they really be this incompetent?

It's almost maddening that the drones were right there and dropped one successful charge, but most of the invaders in the group still get away. If only each drone could carry multiple charges.
Even if they survive the blast they might have injuries needing extensive treatment to survive, hearing loss, ptsd and not be effective soldiers anymore.

How is Bakhmut still standing? It sounded like Ukraine was going to retreat 2 weeks ago already, and Russian trolls were so confident that they were already inside the city limits - even pro-Ukraine sources made it sound like it was basically falling last week. Now Zelenskiy is visiting? Impressive defense, I guess.

But I still don't see how Russia couldn't take it with all the troops they've thrown at it... pretty much continuously for months. Unless the plan is really just to kill off Wagner Group + the non-Muscovy prisoners/undesirables... Could they really be this incompetent?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

The weaker Bakhmut appears and the more pro-Ukrainian sources call for retreat, the more irresistible Bakhmut becomes to the Russians and the more Russian resources are fed to the meat grinder. Bakhmut is Ukraine's Stalingrad which was the culmination point of the Germany invasion.

Ukraine did a similar thing with the city of Mariupol. Russia expended resources to lay siege to the city for almost 3 months before it eventually fell. Heroiam slava!

Every Russian who falls trying to take Bakhmut won't be available to man a trench when the Ukrainians go over to the offensive.

Bakhmut is a political South Indian monkey trap for the Russians. For the Ukrainians it is a way to weaken the Russians on the cheap.
The South Indian Monkey Trap: How Our Values Compromise Our Freedom

The smart thing to do would be to switch over completely to the defensive and dig in as well as possible. That's what any smart commander who is politically allowed to take actions does in this sort of situation. But Moscow is insisting on ground being taken, so they are bleeding out the army to do it. As @BitJam said "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

This is the type of result you try to achieve with conventional artillery (except that it takes 100x the resources in ammuntion). Logistics FTW.

Today, Finland opened it's airspace for NATO surveillance.

Jake11 is hosting the housewarming party. RRR7223 might pay a visit later.

recon2.jpg

The US seem to be making a point of keeping their RQ-4's transponder on the last few days, although they have changed it's flightpath to keep it further away from Crimea.

recon3.jpg