Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"...the US would demand at the UN security council that Russia be held accountable"
"We condemn in the strongest possible terms [North Korea’s] export and Russia’s procurement of [North Korea’s] ballistic missiles, as well as Russia’s use of these missiles against Ukraine."

Oh, right. That'll do it. They'll hand all their missiles back to Kim now, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

In the UK, this war seems to have dropped off the map with the mainstream press largely ignoring it in favour of our Post Office scandal, Gaza and the weather.
I just can't see this is going to end well for anyone unless something pretty significant happens sometime soon, but I don't know what that needs to be even. :(

"...the US would demand at the UN security council that Russia be held accountable"
"We condemn in the strongest possible terms [North Korea’s] export and Russia’s procurement of [North Korea’s] ballistic missiles, as well as Russia’s use of these missiles against Ukraine."

Oh, right. That'll do it. They'll hand all their missiles back to Kim now, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

In the UK, this war seems to have dropped off the map with the mainstream press largely ignoring it in favour of our Post Office scandal, Gaza and the weather.
I just can't see this is going to end well for anyone unless something pretty significant happens sometime soon, but I don't know what that needs to be even. :(

The major things coming up next will be the two financial aid decisions. One in the EU and the other in the country that shall not be named. Deny's also mentioned in his last video (or one of his last videos) that France will be supplying an additional ~80-85 SCALP (Storm Shadow) missiles. Haven't found any other good source for this though...

Does the West have any ballistic missiles they can aid UKR with since the Russian Dictator is getting ballistic missiles from NK?...

The major things coming up next will be the two financial aid decisions. One in the EU and the other in the country that shall not be named. Deny's also mentioned in his last video (or one of his last videos) that France will be supplying an additional ~80-85 SCALP (Storm Shadow) missiles. Haven't found any other good source for this though...

Does the West have any ballistic missiles they can aid UKR with since the Russian Dictator is getting ballistic missiles from NK?...
What's the point in providing ballistic missiles if UKR aren't allowed to use them to strike the airfields, drone launch sites etc. where all their missiles are being fired from almost every day?
No matter, let's just watch more and more civilians being killed and Putin getting away with more needless death and destruction.

What's the point in providing ballistic missiles if UKR aren't allowed to use them to strike the airfields, drone launch sites etc. where all their missiles are being fired from almost every day?
No matter, let's just watch more and more civilians being killed and Putin getting away with more needless death and destruction.

Ukraine is allowed to do whatever we in the Democratic West allows them to do (with Western made weapons). At first the Democratic West did not want to supply tanks, fighter jets, long range precision missiles or ATACMS. That has all changed. What is stopping the Democratic West from allowing Ukraine to strike targets within the Dictator's Russia with Western made weapons? If that becomes necessary for Ukraine to win then why would the Democratic West not allow it? In the mean time ballistic missiles could be used by Ukraine to strike targets in Crimea and also to take out the Kerch bridge.

But you are of course right. The Democratic West should take a stand here and declare that we've had enough. And then the Democratic West should end this war that the Russian Dictator started. Everyone of us living in the Democratic West should demand that the Democratic West gets involved and pushes the Russian Dictator out of Ukraine. That is of course the fastest way to end this.

Also: As has been pointed out here and elsewhere – The Democratic West has ~30 times the financial strength that the Dictator's Russia has.

Last edited:
"
...] The Russian Subway chain is the third largest in Europe after the UK and Germany. It has been operating in Russia for over 20 years, has created about 6,000 jobs, and has 550 restaurants in 122 cities. Subway Russia Service Company, headquartered in St. Petersburg, is the master franchisee of the Subway chain in Russia. [...]

For now, Subway is actively continuing to operate, did not report any reductions in the country where it has 550 restaurants, and referred to the independent ownership and management of these establishments. Explaining why the restaurants remain open in Russia, Subway said that all restaurants in the country are independently owned and operated by local franchisees and managed by an independent master franchisee.
Instead, this statement is not true and actually misleads the general public, as in May 2022, servicing banks began to block royalties, as they were not ready to take responsibility for processing payments to the franchisor from an "unfriendly" state. The client could not obtain title from Russian franchisees and send payments to the United States. [...]

Thus, Subway, represented by Russian companies: Subway Rush Service Company LLC, Nevsky 20 LLC, Subway Rush Real Estate Company LLC, Subway Rush Franchise Advisory Fund LLC, Subway Rush Development Company LLC, continues to actively support the Russian economy and, accordingly, sponsor aggression against Ukraine. There have been no attempts by the company's management to condemn Russia's war against Ukraine. [My bold and u.]
"

Last edited:
It's a game of escalation. Some of these things we reserve as a threat if Russia escalates.

A strong argument can be made for saving money by blowing up Russia's air force since they probably have more missiles than planes.
How much more escalation is required before we give Ukraine the tools they need to finish the job?

All NATO countries signed this statement condemning the transfer of ballistic missiles from North Korea to Russia except Hungary, North Macedonia, Slovakia and Turkey.Aggressor Russia corrupts those countries to the extent they are not faithful allies.

Not really. Western countries have moved away from short ranged ballistic missiles in recent years while many other countries have kept them in their arsenals. The Russians used up their pre-war stock of Iskanders, but they are building a limited number more each year. The ATACMS is the closest thing western militiaries supplying Ukraine have.

There are countries outside Russia that make their own short range ballistic missiles. Israel makes a couple and India has some. South Korea also makes some for their own use.

Short-range ballistic missile - Wikipedia

I gather it is not possible, but given the chance I would kick Hungary out of the EU and NATO and watch idly by as they were invaded by Russia

Though logistically Russia would be unable to do that unless they conquered all of Ukraine first. But being on their own might make Hungary think twice about their anti-democratic ways.

How much more escalation is required before we give Ukraine the tools they need to finish the job?

Getting the funds to supply weapons to Ukraine is the biggest barrier right now in the US.

From my Guardian news feed this morning:

• Ukraine is effectively a test site for North Korean nuclear missiles because Kim Jong-un’s regime is supplying Russia with rockets that can deliver an atomic bomb, South Korea has said. “By exporting missiles to Russia, the DPRK uses Ukraine as the test site of its nuclear-capable missiles,” said the South Korean ambassador to the UN, Hwang Joon-kook, using the official name of North Korea. One of the missiles flew 460km, the distance from a North Korean launch site to South Korean’s city of Pusan. “From the ROK [South Korean] standpoint, it amounts to a simulated attack, Hwang said.

Like mainstream Republicans blocking military aid, American rightwing extremists are disavowing a war they once admired.

• Ukraine has been building barricades and digging trenches as its focus shifts towards defence. On Wednesday, Reuters reporters visited trenches being dug with an excavator and shovels at an undisclosed location in the Chernihiv region near the Russian border.

Were that to happen, would that or would that not solve the problem of Orban's obstreperousness regarding EU membership? That is, must an Entry Vote be unanimous amongst current member states, or be unanimous only amongst those voting?

Reactions: UncaNed
This visit was today.

Last edited:
The Brits leading again.

...]

" For two years, Ukraine has fought with great courage to repel a brutal Russian invasion. They are still fighting, unfaltering in their determination to defend their country and defend the principles of freedom and democracy.

" I am here today with one message: the UK will also not falter. We will stand with Ukraine, in their darkest hours and in the better times to come. "

"The UK is already one of Ukraine’s closest partners, because we recognise their security is our security. Today we are going further – increasing our military aid, delivering thousands of cutting-edge drones, and signing a historic new Security Agreement to provide Ukraine with the assurances it needs for the long term." [...

Last edited:

The Ukrainians have been building fortifications along the northern border since shortly after the Russian retreat in 2022. I read about them in the summer of 2022. The line was being held by second tier troops.

It can't hurt to build more extensive fortifications in the region and keeps the troops busy. If the Russians ever try to cross the northern bored again, the goal is to bog them down just inside the border long enough for mobile forces to be moved into the area to reinforce the line.