Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah one thing this war has demonstrated is that it's easier to defend than attack. And judging by Avdiivka Ukraine has gotten even better at defending.

I'm starting to think Ukraine's best path to victory is tricking Russia into perpetually attacking fortified defenses.
I agree.

Attacks, need to be well planned and well resourced, right place, right time, right objectives, and the right resources.

When Ukraine is not 100% sure that an attack is a good option it is best to stick to defence,

With the right planning and preparation good opportunities to attack can probably be found.

And IMO the bottom line is that the war is an economic battle, results on the battle grounds might not be that critical for a timely/fair resolution.

Ukraine needs F16s, more drones more ammunition, and perhaps more soldiers before they can launch well resourced attacks.

President Zelensky reportedly said that Ukrainian forces destroyed 26 Russian helicopters in a day with some seemingly new defense weapon. Also 12 planes. Almost sounds too good to be true, and not clear what the date was when accomplished, but if true....

President Zelensky reportedly said that Ukrainian forces destroyed 26 Russian helicopters in a day with some seemingly new defense weapon. Also 12 planes. Almost sounds too good to be true, and not clear what the date was when accomplished, but if true....

Sounds like long range missile or drone strike on airport(s). Storm shadow can do this, as well as ATACMS. Lots of different drones can be responsible.

The Ukrainians have been building fortifications along the northern border since shortly after the Russian retreat in 2022. I read about them in the summer of 2022. The line was being held by second tier troops.

It can't hurt to build more extensive fortifications in the region and keeps the troops busy. If the Russians ever try to cross the northern bored again, the goal is to bog them down just inside the border long enough for mobile forces to be moved into the area to reinforce the line.

They should proceed with this along the old border everywhere they have regained control.

Yeah one thing this war has demonstrated is that it's easier to defend than attack. And judging by Avdiivka Ukraine has gotten even better at defending.

I'm starting to think Ukraine's best path to victory is tricking Russia into perpetually attacking fortified defenses.

It's always easier to defend than attack. The Russian force is essentially only good for defense at this point, but the orders from Moscow are to attack, so they are with staggering losses.

With Ukraine's supplies restricted right now due to western politics, being on the defensive is their primary mission right now. Though they are doing quite a bit off the land battlefield. They drove the Russian navy out of the western Black Sea and they have done some severe damage behind the lines in the last year.

Very interesting. It will be interesting to learn what this is eventually.

The casualty reports from Ukraine don't reflect these Russian losses yet, but the report for the latest losses will come in within about an hour.

Reminder:

This might actually be the most humane way to end the war.

Strangling the beast is an effective way to end the war. That's essentially what the US did to Japan in WW II. Between submarines and air dropped mines around Japan, Japan strangled for supply. The USAAF was also bombing their factories, but by mid-1945 many factories were idle due to low supplies.

Cutting the Kerch Bridge would help a lot. Russia is still supplying the army over land in the south and by ship to Crimea. The attrition of the landing ships is helping strangle their supply lines.

Ukraine has also introduced a drone car with an auto-cannon. They tested it recently.
New Ukraine's ground drone destroys occupant positions – first video from the front

I think that was a BMP they took out.

Last edited:
A Captain from my Regiment was a Staff Officer for Gen. Roméo Dallaire on the Canadian Forces UN Peacekeeping mission in Rwanda in 1994. They had to phone New York to get permission to do anything. Call between the hrs of 9-5 Eastern, Monday-Friday. They watched alot of needless killing waiting for some bureaucrat to pick up the phone. Hard to get over an experience like that when you come home. Some didn't.

"I came here to say that France will support Ukraine in the long term, from an economic, military point of view and from a humanitarian point of view," Sejourne said upon arrival in Kyiv.

UK & France. Add Norway. The rest of the EU will follow – with or without Hungary. Another 'fairly large country' would also be nice...

Guessing Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Taiwan and Argentina are onboard as well.

The forum doesn't allow embedding media from Threads. This i from Kyiv Post's official Threads-account. Link below.

The Ukrainian 'Grain Corridor' in the Black Sea has reached its pre-full-scale invasion capacity, Dmytro Pletenchuk, a spokesman for the Ukrainian Navy, said during the national telethon.

"We have already crossed the line of 500 vessels and more than 10 million tons of cargo," he added.

threads.net/@kyivpost.official/post/C1_oilfoCKh