Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the head of Russia’s space program, Rogozin, is an actual neonazi…😒

I found this a couple of days ago:

...] It is legitimate to ask whether there is real neo-Nazism in Ukraine with Hitler salutes and swastikas. Of course there is, as there is everywhere. These are a few completely marginal groups, mainly composed of Russian-speaking football fans – not so much a political movement as a subculture, which ironically arrived in Ukraine from Russia. [My bold.] [...

Source: Oliver Stone’s "Ukraine on Fire" is undistilled Kremlin propaganda

I'm guessing Putin and the FSB (or whoever) created a Russian neo-Nazist movement with the intent that it should spread to Ukraine as a part of his 'grand master plan'... That Rogozin character could very well have been a part of that...

Anyone know how to contribute USD to support Ukraine in an effective manner that's not a ripoff of some sort?

I'd imagine this is at the top of Russia's list to hack the funds into Russia's account... What to do???
Book an AirBnB from a Ukranian host. Make sure the host and property has been around a while, has reviews, etc.

It is extremely important the Ukranians are able to provent these Russian columns from linking up.

Abandoned Russian vehicles near Makariv, this is Russia trying to encircle Kiev to the West

Fighting in Mykolaiv as the Russians try to go West from Kersom behind Odessa - there is a reason that Russian amphibious group has not landed yet

If these figures are correct, the Russians have already lost (KIA) approx 5% of their troops. At this rate - if the Ukrainians can hold out - in another 10-days the Russians will literally have been decimated.

Anyone know how to contribute USD to support Ukraine in an effective manner that's not a ripoff of some sort?

I'd imagine this is at the top of Russia's list to hack the funds into Russia's account... What to do???
Bank of ukraina has an account that takes usd deposits.

Edit. looks like they have added support for direct credit card payments, google pay etc.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Bank of ukraina has an account that takes usd deposits.

Edit. looks like they have added support for direct credit card payments, google pay etc.

If only. It won't take my credit cards or Google pay, and my bank won't wire funds between here and Ukraine and/or Russia.

• Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
Tom Nichols pointed out that most Russians are very adamantly against war with Ukraine. It would be like the US going to war with Canada.
I think a better analogy would be a full scale invasion of Cuba by the US, which unlike Canada is a strategic enemy of the US. Cuba's neighbors would rally against the US as would the rest of the world. The US would meet extreme resistance despite its belief that everyday Cubans would welcome the invaders. The US would be isolated from the entire world community and would face tremendous domestic pressure against the war. The invasion would go on endlessly and be bogged down by guerilla warfare.

I think a better analogy would be a full scale invasion of Cuba by the US, which unlike Canada is a strategic enemy of the US. Cuba's neighbors would rally against the US as would the rest of the world. The US would meet extreme resistance despite its belief that everyday Cubans would welcome the invaders. The US would be isolated from the entire world community and would face tremendous domestic pressure against the war. The invasion would go on endlessly and be bogged down by guerilla warfare.
No analogy will be 100%, but the US/Canada one is pretty good in my opinion. Especially from a cultural viewpoint. The US and Canada are very similar culturally, as are Russia and Ukraine. The American people and soldiers would be even less enthusiastic to invade Canada than Cuba. And the international blowback would be just as severe, if not greater.

Wonder how many Russian soliders would jump ship if the neighboring western countries would offer them full nationality for disavowing mother Russia and handing over arms to Ukrainan soliders? The more troops Putin sends the more he would lose, would be like a huge leak at the bottom of his sinking ship metaphorically ... eventually very few Russians left?

Wonder how many Russian soliders would jump ship if the neighboring western countries would offer them full nationality for disavowing mother Russia and handing over arms to Ukrainan soliders? The more troops Putin sends the more he would lose, would be like a huge leak at the bottom of his sinking ship metaphorically ... eventually very few Russians left?
Probably not as many as you’d think, if they were under threat of loved ones going to the gulag.