Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nazi Wolfangel insignia of the 12th Special Forces "Azov" Brigade passes through the “necessary security forces vetting” of the US State Department 🤡

ADL HATE SYMBOL Wolfsangel

1718246117232.png1718246417121.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: madodel
Lately I’m more frustrated that I’m unfit to fight in Ukraine, not sure if I’d really go or not…

A dream comes true! Well equipped foreign fighters successfully beating back Russians in Ukraine. I hope they’re just getting started.

I just realized that collectively all the international Russian antics are so far reaching, plus antics of their proxies like Hungary and Iran are finally snowballing past critical mass that everyone who hates Russia is finally woken up and taking decisive action.

I’m betting that Russia will be beaten back severely in just a year, but they need to keep advancing into Russia until Ukraine and it’s allies turn all the Russian weapon production facilities into the kind of rubble that Russia turned Syria and much of Ukraine into.

Indeed, international disgust with Russia is growing; Sri Lanka, Nepal, and India want their duped retired soldiers back:

Hopefully the anti Russia collective buzz and news stories will feed on each other and grow.

Last edited:
G7 agrees on transfer of $50 billion in profits from frozen Russian assets to Ukraine

On June 11, it was reported the G7 will create a fund to support Ukraine using the income generated from frozen Russian assets, Nikkei Asia reported.

The fund will reportedly be created under an international organization such as the World Bank, with contributions in the form of “Extraordinary Revenue Acceleration” (ERA) loans.

While Western countries have frozen $300 billion in Russian assets, they can only access the income generated by these funds, approximately $3.2 billion, annually.

I think Russia will be leaving Ukraine sooner than most people expect

IMHO, if Ukraine could sub-marinize a few of Russias best ships clear over in the Black Sea, it would send the powerful message that there’s no escaping Ukraine's reach.

Lots of Russians are captured or surrender in Vovchansk. Sounds like a turning point maybe.

Last edited:
Would UKR have any use for these?... First flight of these were back in October of ’74.

Argentina's President Javier Milei has approved a plan to send five Dassault Super-Étendard combat aircraft to Ukraine. This decision involves negotiating with France, the US, and NATO to bypass the British embargo preventing the use of these aircraft due to the Falklands War. The plan includes a potential swap with France, exchanging the Super Etendards for military equipment like drones or helicopters, with France handling the necessary upgrades to the aircraft.

x.com/NOELreports/status/1800818271257559229

I think the truth is that the Etenards are getting too old and Argentina wants to win some brownie points with the international community by giving them away.

The Russian stock market isn't doing well

There is also a run on the banks

Not necessarily the beginnings of a crash, but it's possible.

I think the truth is that the Etenards are getting too old and Argentina wants to win some brownie points with the international community by giving them away.

The Russian stock market isn't doing well

There is also a run on the banks

Not necessarily the beginnings of a crash, but it's possible.
Russia has been pretty good at adapting to sanctions so far. From the limited info I have seen, their stores are open and selling Chinese brands instead of western ones, and their oil trade is more disrupted by Ukrainian drones than sanctions.

Will be interesting to see if the latest sanctions have an enduring impact.

Russia has been pretty good at adapting to sanctions so far. From the limited info I have seen, their stores are open and selling Chinese brands instead of western ones, and their oil trade is more disrupted by Ukrainian drones than sanctions.

Sanctions are a funny thing....if China said, from now on we will not export anything to America.....would the US be happy or sad ?

Sanctions are a funny thing....if China said, from now on we will not export anything to America.....would the US be happy or sad ?
Obviously both countries would be impacted in a very significant negative way, for quite some time.
Decades ago, I read that the best way to think of the relationship between the US and China was two guys in a boat, each with a hand gripping the other's throat, as the boat slowly drifts towards the edge of a waterfall.
I think of our relationship with China as a sort of economic version of Mutually Assured Destruction. But until then, there is money to be made by both sides in trade...

Highly sympathetic to the optimists here. We can dream, but these rosiest scenarios are unlikely.

Putin will continue to grind the Russian people and Russian institutions into dust for as long as he can. He and his mafia army aren't going anywhere until the West overpowers them and/or he somehow is disappeared by internal forces. Putin will continue to burn his economy to the ground in the meantime. As North Korea shows, one can be plenty menacing with crumbs and Russia has more than that.

This all of course means the West should do more, not less…

90% of Western brands are sold in stores. They renamed themselves, but they didn't go anywhere.

Allegedly:

ALFA BANK OF RUSSIA DISAPPEARS!

One of the largest private banks in Russia, tied to the Kremlin elites, is NOT allowing its depositors to login.

Russians: They are stealing your money to fund a war that they will send you to die in.

Resist!

x.com/officejjsmart/status/1801173446581227974

Fake. I have logged into my personal account right now and transferred the amount for current expenses to another bank.

Anne Applebaum on Ukraine, Russia, Europe, and the US

She is very insightful and she clears up a lot of misconceptions. Great stuff!

3 wars in Ukraine:
  1. land war
  2. Black Sea war (make Crimea unviable)
  3. long range dual attacking infrastructure
Also drone/electronic warfare arms race.

Applebaum clears up a lot of the bravo sierra in the headlines. Currently it is Russia who does not want to negotiate; the far right made some gains in Europe but not nearly as much as the headlines implied; support for Ukraine remains strong in Europe.

I wont' summarize what she says about American politics because we should keep that out of this thread.