Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rust in Model X middle seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my MX75D a couple of weeks ago. It was ordered as inventory after the HK Gov announced it would be limiting the scope of the first registration tax exemption.

Upon delivery, to my dismay, I discovered what appears to be rust marks along the base of the middle row seat when you lift up the Isofix latch. I reported the problem inmediately upon delivery. Has anyone checked the bar beneath the Isofix and if so do you see brown rust like markings?

Attachments

• IMG_3831.JPG
    IMG_3831.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 187
  • Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
I am not aware of any manufacturer that paints or powder coats seat frames, every seat I have taken apart has had some rust on it.
Manufacturers typically treat the cars so it is rust free. If it begins to rust, it will spread and damage the structural parts of the car. Who knows if there are rusty parts near the battery. This is just unacceptable. I can't seem to upload the other photos, but there are more visible photos showing the rust along the base.

Manufacturers typically treat the cars so it is rust free. If it begins to rust, it will spread and damage the structural parts of the car. Who knows if there are rusty parts near the battery. This is just unacceptable. I can't seem to upload the other photos, but there are more visible photos showing the rust along the base.
The structural components of the Model X are all made out of aluminum. So is the battery pack. Rust is not a structural concern with this vehicle.

Thanks for clarifying the aluminium structure but i guess it is besides the point. A car should not be delivered with rusty components, whether it is in the seat frame or otherwise. I don't think you will find it in. A Japanese car 1/5 the price.

I am not aware of any manufacturer that paints or powder coats seat frames, every seat I have taken apart has had some rust on it.
The structural components of the Model X are all made out of aluminum. So is the battery pack. Rust is not a structural concern with this vehicle.
except for
thanks for clarifying but I guess it is besides the point.