Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD 0-60 advertised time changed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
664D29A0-4F73-40DF-91AE-0D19B40096C6.jpeg
Okay, is it just me but did Tesla just improve the 0-60 time listed on their RWD? I could of sown it was 5.5sec because I used to think to myself that the AWD was a full second quicker at 4.5. Now, I noticed it now list 5.1 0-60... am I going crazy here?

You might be mixing up SR and LR. From last year

The base Tesla Model 3 was confirmed to have a price of $35,000 – which nets 220 miles of range (EPA estimate), a 0-60 time of 5.6 seconds and a top speed of 130 MPH – with deliveries to start in the Fall/November 2017.

Adding the “Long Range” battery option moves first deliveries up to this month (so we assume all the cars given out tonight have this option), adds $9,000 to the price, but bumps range up to 310 miles, lowers the 0-60 MPH time to 5.1 seconds, and bumps the top speed to 140 MPH – a pretty good deal from $44,000 we would say!

Reactions: beachmiles and Arpe
View attachment 325199 Okay, is it just me but did Tesla just improve the 0-60 time listed on their RWD? I could of sown it was 5.5sec because I used to think to myself that the AWD was a full second quicker at 4.5. Now, I noticed it now list 5.1 0-60... am I going crazy here?

there have been some media articles and videos that presented the SR 0-60 time when discussion the LR. perhaps some of those incorrect reports confused you.

I went to the site with him and its slightly uphill.

The Tesla Model 3 Does 0-60 MPH In 4.4 – 4.6 Seconds, Way Faster Than Tesla’s Claims

Testing the car on what seems to be a mountain pass, the Model 3 was able to consistently hit 0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds, a full 0.70 seconds faster than Tesla’s claimed performance for the car. It should be noted, however, that Parker’s run was conducted on what appeared to be a downhill slope

But the more relevant bit seems to be his # is significantly quicker than anyone else has been able to get out of the same car.

4.6-4.8, with rollout (so really 4.9-5.1) is what every other professional review (from the drag times guy to actual car mags) appear to get.

The Tesla Model 3 Does 0-60 MPH In 4.4 – 4.6 Seconds, Way Faster Than Tesla’s Claims

But the more relevant bit seems to be his # is significantly quicker than anyone else has been able to get out of the same car.

4.6-4.8, with rollout (so really 4.9-5.1) is what every other professional review (from the drag times guy to actual car mags) appear to get.
Agreed. Gonna try when my car has 20's, lowered, and PS4S, take out the frunk tub and then see what 0-60 is

Reactions: Knightshade