Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
interesting. Where did you see this - link?

I have a data point to add. LR RWD Reservation holder since day 1. I originally chose 18” which turned into Gemini. Did not like the wheels, so I spoke to a delivery advisor today. It only cost me $1500 (not $2000) to upgrade.

I asked if I could upgrade to AWD for $4k instead of $6.5k ($.5 wheel price increase, $990 base price increase, and $1k FSD increase). I was told that any power train upgrades cause current pricing to come into affect. Not what I wanted to hear.

To make things worse (for what it’s worth) he confirmed RWD LR, SR, or 7 seat won’t be made until 2021.

Again, I can only confirm the $1500 wheel part - since I have an updated invoice. But would 100% pay the original $4k difference for AWD to get it in 2020 if someone can confirm it’s possible.

It's on the Model Y Facebook page, if you are on there.

The guy on Facebook just only upgraded his rims and changed his color (he had AWD all along) so he didn't change his drive train and so the delivery adviser may be correct that RWD->AWD = price increase while AWD -> AWD with changes to rims = no price increase..

2021.. oh well, not in a rush to get it right now due to not even being able to drive it that much, don't want to have to pay insurance on a car I can't drive for a few more months.. plus there seems to be a few defects that people are having due to the rushed deliveries.

as long as they make the RWD, I can wait.......

I think Tesla may either accelerate their plans to build RWD - or scrap their plans to cancel RWD after seeing cancellations and order rejections. I hope that will be the case instead of just skipping over to the lower margin Standard Range Y.

Reading or hearing of buyers picking up their new Y’s just days after placing an order would indicate weak or vanishing demand for the higher end models. Or worse, the orders were never there to begin with (which I doubt). Silver lining is there have been at least some buyers willing to pick up the inventory Y’s Tesla had on hand.

I’m not rejoicing in any potential challenges Tesla may have with the current economic climate (all manufactures will be in the same boat), but this could perhaps help RWD model owners get the vehicles for which we put our money down on a long while ago.

I think Tesla may either accelerate their plans to build RWD - or scrap their plans to cancel RWD after seeing cancellations and order rejections. I hope that will be the case instead of just skipping over to the lower margin Standard Range Y.

Reading or hearing of buyers picking up their new Y’s just days after placing an order would indicate weak or vanishing demand for the higher end models. Or worse, the orders were never there to begin with (which I doubt). Silver lining is there have been at least some buyers willing to pick up the inventory Y’s Tesla had on hand.

I’m not rejoicing in any potential challenges Tesla may have with the current economic climate (all manufactures will be in the same boat), but this could perhaps help RWD model owners get the vehicles for which we put our money down on a long while ago.

I think Tesla will fufill the LR RWD orders when they build the RWD Standard Range model.

Reactions: pdx_m3s

This is my assumption. We're in uncharted waters here , at least for my generation and those younger.
Let's face it, ev is enticing, but when most people still have gas engines, and gas prices so cheap, it may be more prudent to stick with what you have for another year or 2 until this shakes out

• Funny
Reactions: decrypt
Does anyone know if I can change the induction wheels to gemini and receive the difference back without any price increase?
RWD order upgraded wheels initially because we don't like dark wheels...

Does anyone know if I can change the induction wheels to gemini and receive the difference back without any price increase?
RWD order upgraded wheels initially because we don't like dark wheels...

I have a White RWD with Gemini wheels, but want to upgrade to the induction wheels. I hear from Tesla advisors that we'll be subject to current prices if we update our design. I'll revisit the upgrade option once Tesla assigns me a delivery manager.

Maybe we can exchange pre-orders?.. lol

F93DEF81-7246-44A3-93E1-742EEC22E628.jpeg
I received this unsolicited text message from Tesla Orlando today. Anyone else receive something like this?

Reservation Details: LR RWD White Gemini Black Interior FSD 5 seater

View attachment 530914 I received this unsolicited text message from Tesla Orlando today. Anyone else receive something like this?

Reservation Details: LR RWD White Gemini Black Interior FSD 5 seater

My Tampa store rep called me saying they still have no info on RWD and encouraged me to switch to an inventory unit Model 3, albeit with a discount. I was a bit perplexed at that strategy but figure they just need to move inventory at the moment.

I asked about upgrading to AWD as an option for the Model Y and they had no suggestions or info on that either.