Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD Needs Track Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found it very challenging to fight the stability control through the corners at Buttonwillow last weekend. I'm impatiently waiting for the VSC solution from Mountain Pass Performance, but I really don't see why Tesla can't make this available OTA. Even a generic sport mode, or simply TC/SC off button would be appreciated.

TeslaCorsa 2 - Group A - Full Session 3 Video:

II really don't see why Tesla can't make this available OTA.

because you don't have a front motor

A lot of track modes magic is built around moving power around between front and rear motors based on what the vehicle is doing right this second (and what it appears to be trying to do in the next second)- see some explanation of that here-

How Track Mode Works

It's a very precisely tuned system for very specific hardware (as evidenced by it not being offered on the P3D- yet- a thing that actually has been promised...) so expecting a custom version for the model missing half the hardware it's built around seems unlikely... (especially since they're not offering new LR RWD cars for order anymore).

Knightshade - Yes, I understand how Track Mode was designed and how it operates. Tesla has a large installed base of RWD cars and they are still making a RWD version. Having fun at the track is not all about high-horsepower, and certainly not all about AWD. It is amazing what Tesla has done with track mode for the P, but at the very least they could provide a traction control "off" option for the RWD.