Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S’acker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of my P3D+. Cannot log in to Slacker for music, just tune in. I tap the blue Tesla Account button and it says to try again later. Been trying sporadically for for a few hours now. Does it just take a while to activate? Any info appreciated.

You don't login unless you have a personal account. You generally just play music. No actions needed. You are making it too hard.

I know. Got another Tesla. However, my new Model 3 is not working as my X. If I select Slacker, it shows me a login screen or a blue button labeled Tesla Account. Tapping it results in a connection error. Asked local Tesla person who called this AM to see how things were going with the new car. He said it’s a Slacker outage and should be resolved soon. Perhaps it’s an outage for authorizing new users as I’m not seeing much chatter online about such an outage.

Here’s a photo of the screen I get when I attempt to use Slacker.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 96
It says that it can’t connect and to try again later, which I’ve been doing since Thursday to no avail.

I called tech support Friday and they said they would escalate the problem but that it may take up to 72 business hours.

So far, nobody else on here has said they were experiencing the same issue so it seems to be a problem with my car/account.

Try rebooting that usually fixes mine. Mine does this nearly daily. Rebooting the system uses it 99% of the time. It’s a pain. Look forward to hearing what support tells @steilkurve as I haven’t had time to call and discuss with them yet.

Well I just called support again as it still wasn't working. In my case, I have not been able to connect to Slacker once, contrary to you. Everything else works fine, including TuneIn. I called support again and they suggested the reboot fix, which I have done several times to no avail. He did say I'd have to wait for the 'escalation team' to resolve it. Now, noticing I also have an X, he suggested trying to use the Slacker account user id and password associated to that car in the meantime. I just did and can now access Slacker in my 3 as well. While I'd still like the other issue resolved, I do have to say having one account is convenient as my playlists and preferences will carry over from one car to the other.

Reactions: Thunder7ga
Let me know if this gets resolved - when I got my car this weekend, I saw the same login screen as you. Tapping “Use Tesla Account” says “Invalid Account” - asked the service guy and he said “it happens sometimes - try waiting 1-2 days”. And then said if it didn’t work after that to call Service and they will escalate

Let me know if this gets resolved - when I got my car this weekend, I saw the same login screen as you. Tapping “Use Tesla Account” says “Invalid Account” - asked the service guy and he said “it happens sometimes - try waiting 1-2 days”. And then said if it didn’t work after that to call Service and they will escalate

Yep. Got resolved. I got an email from level 2 tech support last Friday saying to reply if it still wasn’t working. Went in the car, signed out of my X account I had put in and tapped Use Tesla Account and it worked immediately. That’s 8 days after taking delivery. Now, maybe it got resolved sooner but I didn’t tried between day 4 and 8 after delivery.

Reactions: SoCalGuy