Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S 75 (RWD) uncorked regen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been researching pre-owned model S, specifically 2017 75 RWD coming off lease that have the 4.xx 0-60 via a larger (performance?) rear motor.

Can anyone comment on the regenerative braking for this specific setup? Other handing/driving experiences would also be great.

Been searching for info, and so far haven't found anything other than 75 in general doesn't have as strong regen as 75d, which makes sense, but I'm not sure if that's also the case for the newer motor.

I have this exact setup. It's been great but I don't have other model Ses to compare it with.

With respect to regen, my normal driving mode is with it on standard, and I usually only use the brake to come to a full stop. Having said that, Tesla, over the years have been messing with the regen on a cold battery. These days, the regen is always limited, even on mild days, until the battery warms up. It's limited to the point where I DO have to use the brake a bit for normal driving, which is kind of annoying. Once the battery warms up, which can take a while from normal driving, then the regen goes to normal.

• Helpful
Reactions: jpk195
With respect to regen, my normal driving mode is with it on standard, and I usually only use the brake to come to a full stop. Having said that, Tesla, over the years have been messing with the regen on a cold battery. These days, the regen is always limited, even on mild days, until the battery warms up. It's limited to the point where I DO have to use the brake a bit for normal driving, which is kind of annoying. Once the battery warms up, which can take a while from normal driving, then the regen goes to normal.

thanks, this is perfect. Does regen work on warmer days if you just finished charging? Are you happy with the 75 overall?

When Tesla doesn't limit the regen, I find the regen more than sufficient for normal one pedal driving. I don't know what their algorithm is, but sometimes when the temperature is in the 60s, it is still a bit limited when I start off, but probably goes away fairly quickly. For the most part, I don't notice it.

I am very happy with the car. Despite it being the least expensive model with 2wd, it still has 0-60 at 4.2s. The lack of the front motor does reduce mileage a little bit, but I think there is 50% less mechanicals to go wrong compared to a dual motor. My Tesla almost never sees snow, so I can't speak for it's behavior in snow.

• Informative
I have a S75 that is not uncorked (my production date missed the cutoff for uncorking by less than a week). I run winter tires in the winter living in New Jersey and it handles like a champ on slick and icy roads with the snow tires coupled with the vehicle's low center of gravity. Having driven a Subaru Outback prior to the MS, I didn't miss a beat in the crappy weather handling department. (Now if you're going to compare a Subaru Outback kitted with winter tires, then that's a whole different ballgame...)

• Helpful
I run winter tires in the winter living in New Jersey and it handles like a champ on slick and icy roads with the snow tires coupled with the vehicle's low center of gravity.

I have LR RWD model 3, and it’s the same. I put winters on it in December it’s good in anything that’s not deep snow. This is one reason I’m looking at the S 75 - save weight, one less motor to fail, still plenty quick and I’m comfortable with a RWD EV.