Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S/X Palladium Motorized Screen Tilt Kit

Which kit would you prefer? See post for details.

• Mechanical

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • Switches

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Simple Integration

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Full Integration

Votes: 65 61.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting for my parts to arrive at the service center. In the meantime I did test out the h-mtd interface converter that I got from technica over a year ago.

192.168.90.100:8080 doesn’t work anymore, but a simple arp -a command worked just fine on my laptop to show me that all is well!

Reactions: Bull
Still waiting for my parts to arrive at the service center. In the meantime I did test out the h-mtd interface converter that I got from technica over a year ago.

192.168.90.100:8080 doesn’t work anymore, but a simple arp -a command worked just fine on my laptop to show me that all is well!
Like you, I wanted a factory new VCLEFT and ordered through my SC. It took weeks to arrive. Part of the delay was certainly due to the firings.

IMG_0288.jpeg

Why is my fresh from the service center motorized assembly crooked ? Seems like it’s by design - they have blue lines to show some calibration?
IMG_0289.jpeg

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
View attachment 1048969
Why is my fresh from the service center motorized assembly crooked ? Seems like it’s by design - they have blue lines to show some calibration?
View attachment 1048970
Did you also order the upper and lower shrouds? I ordered both so I would not have to take the screen off just to check. They were only a few dollars each. It turned out that I had the upper shroud installed but the lower one was missing.
Here are the part numbers:
UPPER SHROUD, CENTER DISPLAY 1614015-00-D
LOWER SHROUD,CID 1654855-00-E

• Informative
Did you also order the upper and lower shrouds? I ordered both so I would not have to take the screen off just to check. They were only a few dollars each. It turned out that I had the upper shroud installed but the lower one was missing.
Argh. No I didn’t . Do I need to? The e videos I saw don’t show needing it

Argh. No I didn’t . Do I need to? The e videos I saw don’t show needing it
If you don't have the upper shroud, the mechanism will show when tilted. The lower shroud covers the bottom opening and keeps fingers out. You could always remove the display bolts and slide your screen out a bit to check. If you have them you are good to go.

This pic is from the EPC and shows what they look like. The upper one connects to the rear of the display and the lower one connects to the display and underside of the upper shroud.
Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 4.36.37 PM.png

Ha ! I did not even realize there WAS a lower shroud !!! mine never came with it

@lb92677 Where in South OC are you? I am about to do the screen tilt myself once I have all the parts. Also need to work out the best source for the config changes also. I have one option of using somebody remote, but I’m going to try and talk a Tesla contact into it, or maybe rent the toolbox myself.

It’s a little bit harder to access the bolts (cutouts in the lower shroud will guide you). I’m thinking that’s why they got left out in some cars. It is worth having IMO though.
Ordered both today . Don’t know if my Oct 21 build has either of them, but they’re $12 together :)

By the way my Plaid is the original Plaid because that’s what the badge spells out! All these new ones that have the spider web look like knockoffs ! There I said it!

Ordered both today . Don’t know if my Oct 21 build has either of them, but they’re $12 together :)

By the way my Plaid is the original Plaid because that’s what the badge spells out! All these new ones that have the spider web look like knockoffs ! There I said it!
Mine is a June 3, 2021 build. I’m sure some my parts came from prototypes.
I gave up on the PLAID badge and went with the graphic badge. It took a while though. Now people ask what it means…

• Helpful