Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S/X Palladium Motorized Screen Tilt Kit

Which kit would you prefer? See post for details.

• Mechanical

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Switches

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Simple Integration

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Full Integration

Votes: 67 62.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I fitted the updated mechanism today. For sure a pain in the arse and I wasted a bit of time here and there.

Mine already had the upper shroud (March 2022 build) and I couldn’t be bothered to try and buy the lower one, and not worried about it to be honest.

I am probably gonna buy a day pass to the toolbox and change out the left body controller this coming Saturday.

Looking online I have a former Tesla tech who is willing to help me do the install and has rented Toolbox in the past. He just doesn’t have the $700 cable to plug into my car to get toolbox connected.

Is there a way to rent this cable or pay someone collateral to borrow it for a while?

If I have Tesla do the Steam Upgrade (MCU) on my car, does that swap my old port out for an Ethernet one?

Looking online I have a former Tesla tech who is willing to help me do the install and has rented Toolbox in the past. He just doesn’t have the $700 cable to plug into my car to get toolbox connected.

Is there a way to rent this cable or pay someone collateral to borrow it for a while?

If I have Tesla do the Steam Upgrade (MCU) on my car, does that swap my old port out for an Ethernet one?
The steam upgrade includes the RJ45 Ethernet port.

If you need to rent a media converter, contact @leecox

Reactions: clayton006
Thanks. Will contact that person. Not sure if I want to pay 2k for just Steam games in the Plaid. Rather buy another Steam deck or another legion go lol
You can also go to
2021-2022 Tesla Model S/X H-MTD Media Converter Rental
To rent from Lee. It’s $75 for 5 days.

That’s reasonable. From what I have heard a steam deck is a better experience. I don’t play much in the way of games.

I upgraded for a couple other reasons and plan to sell the old computer on eBay to offset some of the cost.

Reactions: clayton006
You can also go to
2021-2022 Tesla Model S/X H-MTD Media Converter Rental
To rent from Lee. It’s $75 for 5 days.

That’s reasonable. From what I have heard a steam deck is a better experience. I don’t play much in the way of games.

I upgraded for a couple other reasons and plan to sell the old computer on eBay to offset some of the cost.
Yep I just contacted him. I'll still think about the MCU upgrade as I may want to use that at some point. There may be some benefits I'm not thinking of.

I saw on Reddit someone posting about their Model X delivery changing the computer and that Steam games wouldn't be playable anymore, so I wonder what that was all about.

Yep I just contacted him. I'll still think about the MCU upgrade as I may want to use that at some point. There may be some benefits I'm not thinking of.

I saw on Reddit someone posting about their Model X delivery changing the computer and that Steam games wouldn't be playable anymore, so I wonder what that was all about.
I thought the same thing but have not seen any obvious differences yet between the old computer and the new one.

The rumor is that so few people use the Steam games that it doesn't make sense to include the extra RAM.

I thought the same thing but have not seen any obvious differences yet between the old computer and the new one.

The rumor is that so few people use the Steam games that it doesn't make sense to include the extra RAM.
Ram is so cheap that I doubt that’s a major sticking point. It’s probably the gpu they’re getting rid of.

Reactions: Bull
I'm installing the motorized tilt screen on my Dec 2021 Model S
I've run into a problem installing the motors for my Tilt screen The left motor is pressing up against the temperature sensor on my upper panel (Picture attached). I think that is because the motor has not been tilted out of the way. The old assembly also makes my screen go flush, the new assembly sightly tilts my screen toward the driver. I have not installed the left body controller yet. When I look at my original assembly, the motor mount is tilted which looks like If installed the motors on the older assembly, it would clear the temperature sensor. You can see how the left motor it tilted to the left on the second picture. I could either tilt the new assembly myself or attach the new motors to the old assembly. Any comments?

Attachments

• IMG_6051.jpg
    IMG_6051.jpg
    610 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6052.jpg
    IMG_6052.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 5
I'm installing the motorized tilt screen on my Dec 2021 Model S
I've run into a problem installing the motors for my Tilt screen The left motor is pressing up against the temperature sensor on my upper panel (Picture attached). I think that is because the motor has not been tilted out of the way. The old assembly also makes my screen go flush, the new assembly sightly tilts my screen toward the driver. I have not installed the left body controller yet. When I look at my original assembly, the motor mount is tilted which looks like If installed the motors on the older assembly, it would clear the temperature sensor. You can see how the left motor it tilted to the left on the second picture. I could either tilt the new assembly myself or attach the new motors to the old assembly. Any comments?
Hmm. The motors should be sufficiently behind to clear the temp sensor. I had to clear the cabling a bit so as to not have the motors press against it. Then pushed the screen and mount all the way in .

no it is not flush, sightly tilted to the driver, but it the screws are aligned and screwed in.
That is probably the cause because when flush the motors don't interfere with anything. When you sent that to me via DM I thought you meant something was in the way causing it. Now I realize it is probably a mis-alignment in the mounting bolt connections. I suggest taking it all the way out and verifying the bolt connections.

That is probably the cause. When you sent that to me via DM I thought you meant something was in the way causing it. Now I realize it is probably a mis-alignment in the mounting bolt connections. I suggest taking it all the way out and verifying the bolt connections.
^ what he said!

It will go in flush . Get the cables around the motors and wiggle the new mount all the way in. Yes it’s a bit tight with those plastic washers sandwiching the mounting hole, but it will go in! I used a tiny bit of soap on the plastic washers to not have to push hard

Reactions: Bull and lb92677
^ what he said!

It will go in flush . Get the cables around the motors and wiggle the new mount all the way in. Yes it’s a bit tight with those plastic washers sandwiching the mounting hole, but it will go in! I used a tiny bit of soap on the plastic washers to not have to push hard
When you say mounting bolt are you referring to the motors mounted to the screen or the screen mounted in the dash?

When you say mounting bolt are you referring to the motors mounted to the screen or the screen mounted in the dash?
Both sets. The ones that mount the display to the carrier and the ones that mount the carrier to the car.

Both of the following pics are view from underside.

These mount the display to the carrier (display is at bottom in this pic):

GUID-B82FEFA7-0A0D-4440-8168-EF2C7E9ED185-online-en-US.jpg

and these mount the carrier to the car (display is at top in this pic). They are the last ones you tighten.
GUID-54B71F9A-854A-4F01-9527-ACFEFB0D0326-online-en-US.jpg