Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S85 Classic vs. P85 Autopilot Comparison

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great synopsis. I agree 100% except I have air suspension and originally had 19" + Goodyears, but switched to 21" and Continentals (Contisilent magic tires) and find that the ride is only very slightly firmer/less comfortable, but the loss of comfort is worth the gain in handling - but again SAS, not coils.

So I credit the coils for the harsher ride. From a practical standpoint - 19" are really the better choice for comfort, range and tire longevity. I'm just a sucker for the turbine wheels.

Great synopsis. I agree 100% except I have air suspension and originally had 19" + Goodyears, but switched to 21" and Continentals (Contisilent magic tires) and find that the ride is only very slightly firmer/less comfortable, but the loss of comfort is worth the gain in handling - but again SAS, not coils.

So I credit the coils for the harsher ride. From a practical standpoint - 19" are really the better choice for comfort, range and tire longevity. I'm just a sucker for the turbine wheels.

Good to know. And it wasn't very bad or a significant difference, but it is definitely smoother in my car. Maybe you'll have to take me for a ride in yours to compare (I do have the loaner till morning lol).

I actually very much like the look of the 19" wheels (once I get my calipers painted hint hint!). I figure if I end up wanting the turbines, I can buy the T-Sportline 19" one and keep my 19s if I ever go North again. That said, I am much more likely to just upgrade to better tires than the Goodyears. That will be a while though. My repair order has my all my tires at 10/32" all around except both rears are down to 9/32" on the outside. I was surprised to read that given that negative camber wear that people complain about typically shows as inner wear, not outer wear.