Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S90 total charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

When I first got my S90, about a year ago, I noticed that it would charge to about 403 km regularly (typical range value). Now most of the time it gets to 396/397. I have a spreadsheet of every charge. Is this something I should be concerned about? Or is this perfectly normal?

Possibly factors:
  • Winter. Cold weather. Might be influencing the figures.
  • The fact we are live on a mountain and are regularly driving up the mountain, which uses above average energy levels. Plus, unfortunately, the car almost always goes into restrictive regeneration going down the mountain on the last steeper stretch - I guess the airflow past the battery might creating too much of a cooling affect, for the first trip of the day.
  • Could the dashcam have an impact on this value?
Just wondering.

Thanks

image.jpg
I thought posts I read a while back indicated that 6-7km degradation just under 12 months was excessive. If this is normal, I won't worry about it.

There's slight variations in every battery pack but generally there's an initial higher degradation in the first 50k (2-3%) then it settles down to maybe 1% over the next 50k, time is also a factor, in your case 6-7kms (less than 2%) appears very good, how many kilometres have you covered?

• Informative
Reactions: Veritas1980
Hmmm. I have got the data, I probably should plot a graph of the degradation over number of charges. This car has covered just over 20,000km and has about 330 charges. So it looks like from the graph above I should be on a relatively flat spot, and I suspect that is correct.

Reactions: RichardMcN
My S70 started at 326km (charges to 90%) on typical range....now charges to between 324-326km.....I've done 39,500km's in 18mths....nearly all exclusively charges at 32amps at home...
I can confirm those numbers almost exactly, but have only done 18000km in 19 months. Mostly charge on single phase 32 amp at home with some 3-phase 32A at home and a few times at superchargers.

I have a spreadsheet of every charge. Is this something I should be concerned about? Or is this perfectly normal?

I would be concerned. The temptation to update a spreadsheet every time you charge your car should be addressed by a professional. ;)

But, seriously, my P90DL used to show around 416km typical range on a full charge when new and, now that it's 18 months old, only gets to around 405km at the same charge level.

Ja, ja, und wie lange haben Sie diese Tabellenkalkulation erhalten?
Erzähl mir von deiner Kindheit. Waren Sie mit Batterien und Tabellen zufrieden, aber andere Kinder? Deine Mutter kauft deine Batterien nicht zum Geburtstag? Es ist nicht die Größe, die Sie haben, aber was Sie damit tun können, zählt!

Regards,
Sigmund

Last edited: