Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SA Govt EV Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's heaps of charging points on KI - unfortunately all Chargepoint Type1

Yep, I was there on holiday in 2018 (pre-Tesla) and checked out all of the ChargePoint stations that were there. There was a Mitsubishi PHEV that occasionally used the one at Penneshaw but that was the only plug-in vehicle I ever saw. The charger at Kingscote I never saw being used. The one at Parndana was offline and covered in cobwebs. My photos of it are on Plugshare:

Also, not sure if this document has been posted here yet - https://www.raa.com.au/-/media/Proj...s/raa-charge-locations-current-and-future.pdf

A few previously unannounced places, including Streaky Bay
Might be a while for the Eyre Peninsula sites..... mentioned in this months Streaky Bay District Council newsletter.

Construction by the RAA’s contractor Chargefox has commenced in January 2023 with outer Adelaide, the Hills and South East first as part of the roll out. Council’s across the EP have now signed agreements with a view to installation by mid 2024, Streaky Bay will be locating a fast charge station as part of this project at the Kiosk Carpark along Wells Street, due to this location meeting the requirements of location specifics.

Do we have exact locations for anywhere (not already built) outside of this list (from the PDF shared earlier?)

• Burnside Council carpark (200kW Ultra-Rapid)
• Mt Barker Homemaker Centre (200kW Ultra-Rapid)
• Cowell Waterfront carpark (150kW Rapid)
• Port Augusta Wharflands Esplanade (200kW Ultra-Rapid)
• Normanville Village Green (150kW Rapid)
• Barmera Main St carpark (200kW Ultra-Rapid)
• Blackwood Community Centre carpark (150kW Rapid)
• Morgan Railway Terrace carpark (150kW Rapid)
• Woodside Klose’s Foodland (150kW Rapid)
• Goolwa Council carpark (150kW Rapid)
Here's a photo from Cowell - looks like it's just waiting to be commissioned

Attachments

• IMG_6233.jpeg
    IMG_6233.jpeg
    367.9 KB · Views: 65
So looking at My Barker.
Kempower units, nominal peak 200kW, but max 300A cables - so effective 115kW for 400V cars.
3 CCS2 plugs, 1 CHAdeMo

Kempower units are $0.59/kWh most times ($0.68/kWh over the 5-10pm evening peak)

Then a single 7kW BYO Type 2 unit, that with a 5m cable might serve two of the Kempower spots and one non-marked spot.
7kW $0.25/kWh most times and $0.32/kWh 5-10pm

• Informative
Reactions: RichardV