Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score not showing up in app? It could be this.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My general impression from app developers is that Google Play versions of the same apps take longer (to develop and to roll out) than iOS App Store.
In this case though, Tesla released the app to both app stores on the same day. It was instantly accessible to all iOS users, while on the Play store, only a very small minority of users got it. Having done Android development before, I know there's an option for the developer to choose a rolling release. So it could be that Tesla intentionally did this, but why? Less confidence in their android app? Preference toward iOS users? These don't seem likely. I wonder if Google has some auto load balancing stuff they do to force rolling releases if the anticipated take rate will be high. Or maybe it's now just standard practice for all apps.

Reactions: TresLA
What is sideloading? How to do it?

This will explain it.

Reactions: Pricedm
I did everything mentioned here except rebooting my phone (seriously?) and have no safety score. Updated the app. Force quit. Signed out, signed back in. I checked all boxes. Maybe I just have to drive more.
Are you logged into the primary holder's account? If it's a shared account, only the primary account holder can view it

What happen if I failed to do necessary steps to get Safety Score, would I be prevented to receive new updates on FSD Beta software? My current version is V10.2 2021.32.22.
In Apple App Store find Tesla app hit developer name (Tesla, Inc) and it lists Tesla app latest release which can be opened without deinstalling app or restarting my 12 max

First make sure you've satisfied all the documented requirements:

- 2021.32.22 firmware in the car, and you've completed requesting FSD beta via the button
- 4.1.0 Tesla app (available in App Store, available to sideload for Android at APKMirror)
- Do a drive.

Now, make sure the primary owner of the car is logged into the Tesla app. The Safety Score only shows up for the primary owner's account. This is the email address you used when you bought the car. Log in to the Tesla app with that email. The Safety Score will show under "Upgrades".
I had to go to the Apple Store and download the latest app. I thought that Tesla would push updates, but in this case, I had to go grab it.

I have an iPhone 12 with the latest iOS 15.0.1. I have tried everything, including restarting my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and still no safety score showing. Any other ideas out there?
if you are using the primary account holder's login, then sign out of the app and sign in back into the app (the safety score will only appear under the primary holder's registered login)

My apk Android drive score I download last week just disappeared today from the Tesla app.
Android play store downloaded new version and deleted my side loaded apk version with the driving score.
Do I download the apk again?
Any suggestions?