Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Safety Score disappeared from my app today after public beta launch this morning to 100/100 people.

Still on 2021.32.22 for time being.

Safety Score coming back to app for next round or they just going to use the previous rankings for 99/100 people?
Safety score gone for me.

I guess - the snapshot they took on Saturday (?) is what they will use for rest of the rollout as well.

Atleast the people who didn't get it won't have to continue to continue to play the game.

My theory is that the Safety Score is removed after FSD Beta is installed, however, it appears that most people can open the app and see it once or twice before it is removed. The scores are still being sent and updated as I saw my lunch drives in the Safety Score after lunch in the Android Tesla app. Then after it was removed from Android Tesla App I saw my evening drive scores in my backup iOS Tesla App. After I checked the iOS Tesla App 30 minutes later the Safety Score was removed from there as well. So the information is certainly still being sent to Tesla, but the real question is whether or how the information is being used at this point. If we do need to maintain some kind of minimum to score to keep the Beta it will be very hard to manage without seeing the score.

Like others, I am also worried about getting dinged for hard braking, turns, etc. after disengaging FSD (even with a 3 second grace window), but at least on the views of Safety Score I saw after my drives, no penalties were incurred as of yet.

My theory is that the Safety Score is removed after FSD Beta is installed, however, it appears that most people can open the app and see it once or twice before it is removed. The scores are still being sent and updated as I saw my lunch drives in the Safety Score after lunch in the Android Tesla app. Then after it was removed from Android Tesla App I saw my evening drive scores in my backup iOS Tesla App. After I checked the iOS Tesla App 30 minutes later the Safety Score was removed from there as well. So the information is certainly still being sent to Tesla, but the real question is whether or how the information is being used at this point. If we do need to maintain some kind of minimum to score to keep the Beta it will be very hard to manage without seeing the score.

Like others, I am also worried about getting dinged for hard braking, turns, etc. after disengaging FSD (even with a 3 second grace window), but at least on the views of Safety Score I saw after my drives, no penalties were incurred as of yet.
Nope. No safety score and no beta FSD. But I have had a 100 score for over a week.

DirtyTesla's latest vid shows his safety score (88, 90). These were dailies according to his screenshots. But gives you a sense of what is tolerable (since he's not kicked out).

Except even though it's gone from the app, it is still being tracked (so Tesla can still see who's been naughty or nice)
Sure, they are getting the data. Not so sure how they will use it.

Either way, I'm just going to drive as I normally do - using AP/FSD "all" the time. I anyway drive cautiously when I drive manually - but will get a lot of hard braking when I don't use AP/FSD because of hills.

Last edited:
They have always monitored the people in the Early Access Program to kick out for unsafe driving. We could be migrated over to a similar system, the current Safety Score, or something new. We may never really know. Obviously, the bar to get kicked will be a lot lower than the bar the get in.

Anycase, just to be a bit on the safe side, I will still drive extra careful for a while longer when not in FSD. With 1000+ users, I'm sure we will have plenty of careless folks to screw up quickly to learn from.

Score 95, dinged for hard braking today. Regen only. Tesla replied to my request to activate the audible warning for my 68 FCWs... they said there's nothing they can do, they can't see the logs, it's in beta. I told them I disagree. FCW is a feature to protect my family from harm, and if I can't hear it, I'm not backing off. I don't care if it's in beta. It's sending false data that appears on my record, especially if used for future insurance. Is their insurance in beta ? I tweeted Elon and asked when FCWs were coming out of beta. Not expecting a response, but his service department will not support it.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life