Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So has anyone ever received an email or software update in the afternoon? On any version of the beta or any day. I haven't any more posts about beta being received in the afternoon. But can't tell if that's because today went haywire and they're pausing... or if they've always done all the releases in the morning and stopped.

2018 X, 99 safety score, got 10.3 this morning.

Went for a 2.5 mile ride on FSD to the supermarket. After shopping, it wouldn't engage a 2nd time. Continued to drive and got constant FCW and I was 5 car lengths from anyone. Got home and was notified that 10.2 was being downloaded. Clicked to install and after 45 minutes found that it also downloaded back to 10.1. My daily safely score was back and showed 46 !!

My total Safety Score is now 97 due to the false FCW of 10.3.

They need to disregard today's false scores caused by 10.3 or I'll never get the beta again.
Same here. They better wipe out today’s scores. I had 6 fake FCW’s today on a short drive. Wasn’t anywhere near a car.

So yesterday I was at 98, and drove in to DC to visit relatives. On the way there, a bogus FCW, which even my wife (big critic) said was nothing. So, I will give 10% chance of it being avoidable. I did a reset, as my single FCW dropped me down on Day 1 to a 64, then an 84 for the day average!
Remained at 98, but missed out on those miles.
Drove home. about 4 miles from home, the car braked from 55MPH, threw a FCW, the wipers (and fluid) went on. Nothing in the road, no unsafe following, etc. Only thing was a sign for roadwork, but nothing actually affecting my lane.
Totally unsafe. 100% Tesla's fault.
I remember putting my FCW to the least-invasive way back, as it would regularly alert on a curve near my home where people park on the side of the street.
This whole metric is flawed, and this behavior last night was dangerous. Had someone been closely following, they would have rear-ended us. Had I not been attentive, probably would have swerved into the other lane-perhaps hitting someone.
Tesla-get your act together, and fix this garbage, or don't use this faulty metric for granting the favored your beta (you know, the one we PAID for?).

Jesus. Same here. I had 6 fake FCW’s on the beta I hope that doesn’t go into my score. What a nightmare.
On edit. My the safety score reappeared dropped to 97 and FSD was removed on the rollback. I decided to opt out I’m exhausted trying to drive like a grandma.
I had the bug where I lost FSD so I did a reset trying to fix it. Must have gotten 30 FCW’s on the way home for no reason. Thankful that the reset saved me. Just a few hard breaking (also not my fault!)

Reactions: Tpstulane
Car had 36.5.1 available for install after I got the 35.6.2 and installed earlier. Finally got my car back and I don't have any update pending. AP works for like 5secs, FSD beta doesn't even activate, keeps saying car is up to date

Attachments

• 16351128239458527121101624759767.jpg
    16351128239458527121101624759767.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 51
takes a little getting used to, for myself, I guess it was just learning to trust FSD in situations where it responded differently. The more I learn to trust it, the more I use it.

It also seems to handle a variety of situations better when you are around 5mph below the speed limit.

It has disengaged a number of times over the last weeks forcing me to take over, however, I don't recall a situation where it has put in me in harms way.

That being said, I still disengage it when it does things that I simply don't do, like in residential areas, driving down the fricking middle of the street and grudgingly moving to the right at the last second the minimum amount necessary. I know that is acceptable for some people, but I don't do it and I certainly don't do it when vehicles are incoming, so I just disengage.
That's similar to the way it changes lanes - rudely in my opinion.

So has anyone ever received an email or software update in the afternoon? On any version of the beta or any day. I haven't any more posts about beta being received in the afternoon. But can't tell if that's because today went haywire and they're pausing... or if they've always done all the releases in the morning and stopped.
About noon, I got the forced download over LTE that removed the beta I installed this morning. SS hasn’t reappeared yet. If it does and the Beta dinged it, I’ll opt out/in again.

Reactions: dillon and mswlogo
Hypothesis: 100s that did the opt out and re-enrolled by or before Thursday morning 10/21 got the beta today. Those who re-enrolled after may receive it later today or tomorrow as the kinks are worked out. Data below. @UncleAndy520 @Chrisgt do you remember what time you opted back in on Thursday? Was it morning?

Trying to figure out why @JeremyJ hasn't gotten it yet. Seems to be the only one with a long-term 99s that hasn't.

View attachment 725158
I was at 99 since last Monday (2018 X), did not get Beta

Twitter going nuts with the beta FCW stuff too. I guess safety score wasn't meant to come back once you're on the beta, so once they pushed beta people back to production, the score came back and treated FSD FCW as human?

Hopefully there's no 're-entry' score required and once you earned the beta you'll keep it. Just need to wait for them to send it back to you.