Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do question those that aren't invested either emotionally or financially into FSD complaining.
In my case, I own two Teslas. I bought them partially because they were advertised as having all the HW needed for FSD, and that FSD would be here quite quickly via a paid SW update.

Just because I haven't bought FSD doesn't mean I am not financially invested. In fact, I have $200K of cars in my garage worth of investment. I'll pay the $10k happily when that is not just a lottery ticket.

A few days of 1000 people is probably 100k miles at most. That isn't anywhere close to enough data to evaluate the safety.

They're probably more concerned about social media. The last thing they need is someone from the new group of "perfect drivers" uploading a video of themselves in the passenger seat, bypassing safety measures. Agreed that the official safety data would take more time.

I do question those that aren't invested either emotionally or financially into FSD complaining.

My complaint is pretty obvious as I've been pretty consistent about loving to drive the vehicle, but absolutely hating on the semi-autonomous features. Heck the only feature I've ever praised is the auto-lane change.

Heck maybe the auto-lane change is the source of some of my irk about the FSD Beta and how its being rolled out.

I've been patiently waiting for the unified Tesla vision so my car has improved capability of detecting where vehicles are around my car so it won't see semi-trucks bouncing around. The lack of that accounts for pretty much every auto-lane change failure that I experience (about 1 or 2 every couple hundred miles).

That being said I think I've complained enough and now I'll sit patiently with all the other second rounders.

Have fun with your FSD Beta

I'll just eat some cookies on the sidelines, and I'll watch how this plays out. I just wasn't good enough for ole musky.
I think you would have been tremendously disappointed if you had the beta at this stage. I'm looking forward to trying it, but I have extremely low expectations.

I bought them partially because they were advertised as having all the HW needed for FSD
You really thought that Tesla would be able to make a car that drives itself and you didn't pay $3000 for it? Sorry, but that makes no sense. I would have paid $30,000 for that easily.
In hindsight I do regret not paying the $2k for FSD when it was on sale because I suspect that there will eventually be Autopilot improvements with HW3.

They're probably more concerned about social media. The last thing they need is someone from the new group of "perfect drivers" uploading a video of themselves in the passenger seat, bypassing safety measures. Agreed that the official safety data would take more time.
That would be very unsafe, it would be much better to be outside the car. My friend and I plan on using FSD Beta this weekend to do a mountain bike shuttle for us. We'll post a video to let you all know how it goes!

You really thought that Tesla would be able to make a car that drives itself and you didn't pay $3000 for it? Sorry, but that makes no sense. I would have paid $30,000 for that easily.
Tesla made it clear that you could upgrade when the software was available, and that the car had all HW needed. I don't "buy" things that aren't for sale yet. I took $5K instead and put it in TSLA, figuring that would pay for FSD when it actually existed. I'm pretty happy about that decision.

No, I did not think the car would drive itself on the day I bought it, Tesla never advertised that. They did however show videos of it being possible, and discussed timeframes that were well before 2021.

The gatekeeping that unless you have paid for FSD, you have no right to discuss how autonomy at Tesla is going is just offensive. I paid for EAP on both my cars, own Tesla stock, and like the cars a lot otherwise. However, the way they have sold autonomy is unacceptable, and from what I see, nothing is changing anytime soon, especially given this insane rollout process.

What calculator?

Ski
Personally I’m a Casio kinda guy

1633765198986.jpeg

You need Jaezus, and by Jaezus of course I mean Safety Score Calculator ;)

Insert your scores, and it will tell you how many miles you need to go on a 100% day.

First thing you need to do is get that daily score to 100 (using the tips for the individual elements). Then the score might automatically snap over to 100, or you might need more miles.
Thanks for the help! I made it! Now that 10.2 has slipped, I hope I'm part of the club when it goes out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211009-023731_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211009-023731_Tesla.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 32
I don't think there is a big difference between 1,200 and 1,500 for this purpose. They will roll with it. He not only tweeted it - but talked about it in the company meeting.

BTW, I don't think its easy for people to improve and get to 100 - because of the miles needing to be driven today to correct 13 days of driv

I agree. If someone was able to get to 100 today, it means they were close to 99.51 already. If someone drove a perfect 100+ miles to hit 100, they still deserve it. Fixing a very low score would be impossible in the time given and a "bad" driver wouldn't be able to do a perfect 100-mile trip.

By way of example, if you had a 98.25 (a reasonable score) with 250 miles (a moderate mileage), you would need 700 perfect miles in one day. A 98.75 (which would display as a 99 Safety Score) would need 400 perfect miles.

If we're talking about excluding ~300 people, the negative press and social media would be far worse. I believe he was helping all the people who were very close get over the finish line.
I drove 650 perfect miles today to get from 99 to 100. I finish at 2:30 am. I hope I'm in.