Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hot off the presses.

1634077030499.png

Got my score up to 99 today. My usual daily mileage is around 20 miles, but today I had to drive 127. I was nervous I would put all those miles down and get a lower score than my 98. But all went well and I finished the day at 100. That’s a good day to have in the books, as it has heavily weighted my daily scores to 100.

It will take another 800 miles to get to 100, so I’ll probably be stuck at 99 until the next batch gets in.

The journey, game, challenge to get the beta can be rather difficult but it's nice that folks are providing helpful information here. As I think through all of these posts there is one that stood out and really helped me. @Frank99 posted an excellent overview early in the process. It seemed like solid information so I printed it out, kept it in the car, and referred to it quite often. One thing probably needs correction. You can't correct Unsafe Following by following a truck on AP. AP needs to be off and follow a truck/vehicle with a 1 to 3 second gap.

@Frank99 perhaps you could review your content and post it as new for everyone who is working to get in on the next wave. Thanks again for your really helpful information!

Here is a link to the original post (for some reason the text in the thumbnail is from another post. but the link works correctly).

Last edited:
Yup. This is totally stupid. So, remain in a state of limbo for an unspecified amount of time, just to score high enough to get the beta of something you've paid for?

What other company operates like this?

Many software companies operate like this I think? Pre ordering software doesn’t typically confer rights to pre release or unfinished versions. Alternatively, going through the companies’ official process for becoming part of their beta program does. Apple’s and MSFT’s developer programs come to mind.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if last Friday's cut off for the 100 scores is what Tesla is going to use going forward instead of the latest scores we have now. Some people will have changing scores since last Friday and if people now get 100, do those people get it first before the 99 get it again? Do the people in the 99 group have to wait for two weeks? Instead of one?

That would have prevented these 2 FCWs caused by AP.
The first at 00:30 taking the turn at 15mph can't handle it and when I take over the trash cans cause 1st FCW.
The second at 00:55 it decides to turn to the right and I take over as it flashes the second FCW in less than 2 miles.

obviously you are not a scareful enough driver ;)
Your car drives like it wants to punk you
mine is no better AP drives 25 on the highway and will try to cross over to oncoming traffic still
On the flip side, those of us still waiting to get in can watch ourselves move up on the leaderboards on TeslaFi and Teslascope since the people ahead of us that received the beta and have started using it are no longer at 100 :p. Seriously, I need a life. I don't think my wife will ever let me live this down after the last two weeks of driving like a granny and obsessively adding my miles to an excel sheet and driving over 650 miles to boost my score.
me...to the bottom 🥳
..actually super frustratingly wack since I bought the 3 to race + paid for FSD and have a '12 P85 that I drive like a granny. I'd get perfect 100 in that thing

Reactions: jebinc
I just dropped out of the Beta Request group. I couldn’t get my score higher than a 97 at any time. Now I’ll be the idiot out there taking high speed turns, brake checking other Tesla’s I suspect are still monitoring safety score and driving the crap out of my car like I used to. Congrats to all the nerds who earned 100’s. 😜
I’m really curious: how many other Tesla’s are there in Guam?

So, you are assuming they will take another snapshot before the next rollout ?

My guess is - they will use the snapshot they already took. Thats why they have removed the scores from mobile app as well.
I still think the reason I might have not gotten FSD beta on my Y is that I got it on my wife’s 3…I haven’t seen anyone in here who has said they got FSD beta on multiple vehicles.