Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the FSB Beta Request logjam waiting to be let in the program. I live in a mountain community and driving from my house to the main road is a 3 mile drive and my safety score gets lowered for hard braking and aggressive turning. My 30 day score is 93 currently.

I have not had a software update since I enrolled to get the FSD beta.

Can I unenroll for some time and get the software updates that have been released since 2021.32.22 (My current version) and then re-enroll in the FSD Beta and hopefully work to get my score up or maybe Tesla will get to my 93 number in a month or so?

Reactions: dillon
I am in the FSB Beta Request logjam waiting to be let in the program. I live in a mountain community and driving from my house to the main road is a 3 mile drive and my safety score gets lowered for hard braking and aggressive turning. My 30 day score is 93 currently.

Can I unenroll for some time and get the software updates that have been released since 2021.32.22 (My current version) and then re-enroll in the FSD Beta and hopefully work to get my score up or maybe Tesla will get to my 93 number in a month or so?
Yes, I think you can.

Reactions: K5TRX

You're maybe better off opting out, waiting overnight, opting back in, and trying again with a fresh slate. May be a good while till Tesla gets to 93. Heck, they haven't even gotten to some of us 100s yet!

You're maybe better off opting out, waiting overnight, opting back in, and trying again with a fresh slate. May be a good while till Tesla gets to 93. Heck, they haven't even gotten to some of us 100s yet!
I think the OP wants to opt out to get the latest production firmware (2021.36.x or .40), then opt back in and wait - not before. Good plan, in my opinion.

I know this doesn’t make it any easier. I’m in the 99 score batch that just got beta a couple weeks ago, so I know what you’re going thru. But honestly the best part about getting beta was that stupid safety score shutting off. Fsd beta is cool to observe, but it is not fun and it is draining to be on such high alert all the time. I don’t use it very often, and I was super excited to get it. It’ll get better, and I want to help it…but it’ll be on my terms. Mostly I just enjoy driving without worrying about a safety score.

• Funny
Reactions: digitalboi
JUST GOT THE EMAIL!!!!

So, for reference:

Was/am on 2021.36.5.1. Had never opted in. Opted in on Saturday October 30, finished the 102 mile drive on Sunday morning, 2am PT (October 31). I did drive the car twice this week. Once for 0.2 miles, and another time for 2 miles. Maintained 100 score. Got the email today, Nov 5, at 2:45pm PT. 104 miles total.

Last edited:
Well, I must have gotten lucky. Maintained a 99 all week with couple hundred miles. This morning my wife took a 4 mile drive and had a forward collision warning when nothing was ahead of her and got the score to 95. We were bummed.
At 4:40 we got the email. Woohoo!!!
Yep. We got the 10.3.1.

Attachments

• F33BB460-CA2D-4370-8A61-4FA11756BA03.png
    F33BB460-CA2D-4370-8A61-4FA11756BA03.png
    237 KB · Views: 64
  • C5956DE8-1C32-483B-9507-22D81AF203DC.png
    C5956DE8-1C32-483B-9507-22D81AF203DC.png
    392.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 42D87AAE-7511-4265-863C-C846C36FABEF.jpeg
    42D87AAE-7511-4265-863C-C846C36FABEF.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 38