Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the email from Tesla. Car’s updating to 2021.36.5.3 as I’m posting this.

What’s odd though is the email claims my car’s using Tesla Vision, but my M3P was manufactured in April 2021 and has radar. I wonder if they no longer use the radars and have switched everyone over to Vision only, or this is some generic template they send out to everyone regardless of whether their car’s are equipped with radar or not.

Either way, can’t wait to try it out!

Reactions: dillon and jebinc
What’s odd though is the email claims my car’s using Tesla Vision, but my M3P was manufactured in April 2021 and has radar. I wonder if they no longer use the radars and have switched everyone over to Vision only, or this is some generic template they send out to everyone regardless of whether their car’s are equipped with radar or not.
The FSD beta is Tesla Vision only, it does not use the radar even if your car has it.

My score has slowly crawled up to 97 with most improvement in the last week as the initial few days have dropped off. One of the biggest remaining problems comes from failed lane changes by AP. Either it decides to make an ill advised lane change, or starts a change then decides it's going to bail out. I don't seem to be able to override using the steering wheel without it getting registered as aggressive steering. I've started cancelling AP with the stalk rather than steering through the "break over point", since that gives me a smoother reaction, but sometimes I need to intervene quickly.

I really don't get the posts I see with people indicating entire drives w/o interventions. I have to override it at least three times per trip to my office, since it invariably breaks hard going under the overpasses.

My score has slowly crawled up to 97 with most improvement in the last week as the initial few days have dropped off. One of the biggest remaining problems comes from failed lane changes by AP. Either it decides to make an ill advised lane change, or starts a change then decides it's going to bail out. I don't seem to be able to override using the steering wheel without it getting registered as aggressive steering. I've started cancelling AP with the stalk rather than steering through the "break over point", since that gives me a smoother reaction, but sometimes I need to intervene quickly.

I really don't get the posts I see with people indicating entire drives w/o interventions. I have to override it at least three times per trip to my office, since it invariably breaks hard going under the overpasses.
if you know you are going to have events, just strategically disengage the AP as you have a few seconds buffer where you won't get dinged. Then re-engage.

Reactions: cjxmtn and mazers
Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 10.17.13 PM.png

Seems as a bunch of people from here made it into the cut today for 2021.36.5.3 rollout before 10.4 (possibly tomorrow).

Also notice 2021.36.5.6 firmware, new, but doesn't appear to be a new beta due to the region release (beta is US only).

Reactions: JeremyJ
A ton i make a 98 mile commute 90% highway and 10% rural divided 2 lane. That commute is probably 80% of my overall miles Driven. I have almost no dings on the drives without FSD engaged. and my score is 87. Musk even tweeted that FSD drives would not be scored. The AP team needs to rectify this. Can you imagine what people in Texas and California feel when their insurance payments are calculated by FSD/AP drives? This problem needs worked on very soon. People need to stop gaming the system for their own personal benefit and look at the big picture.
One thing I learned is if you rest your foot on the accelerator, it seems to nullify the AP exemption.

Another is the “follow distance” is only measured when you’re between 1s and 3s away from a vehicle ahead. So I was 7 car lengths for an entire drive, but never got “credit” for that as good following distance since it was greater than 3s. And the one time someone cut me off dinged me. So that would make my follow distance 100% bad even though it represented 1% of my drive. But I have no idea why or if it would drag down the overall score that much.

I received the email that the fsd beta was being pushed or downloaded to me. Downloaded for long time and kept spinning. My version on the app still says 2021.32.22. What’s up?
Same…can you drive it in this state? (I’m leaving for the weekend before I can check on mine and my partner needs the car tonight.)
Any update on this? Did the install finish?
Mine is still hanging, seemingly at the same spot. It’s been like this since about 1800 last night: so 12hr now.
79AD96B2-98FA-4185-97F1-8FD02CAA96AF.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG