Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maintained a 99 all week with couple hundred miles. This morning my wife took a 4 mile drive and had a forward collision warning when nothing was ahead of her and got the score to 95
Your earlier miles were likely getting dropped off. For a 99 score to drop to 95, you would have had around 116 miles total with 99 score then add in 49 score for the 9-mile round-trip with 1 FCW to result in 8.0 avg FCW (1/125*1000). So yes, luckily Tesla checked the scores earlier this morning and also lucky your total miles didn't drop under 100.

Your earlier miles were likely getting dropped off. For a 99 score to drop to 95, you would have had around 116 miles total with 99 score then add in 49 score for the 9-mile round-trip with 1 FCW to result in 8.0 avg FCW (1/125*1000). So yes, luckily Tesla checked the scores earlier this morning and also lucky your total miles didn't drop under 100.
Thanks for the info. Appreciate the input. Did my first drive and it was awesome.

Late Update:

I took a break from worrying about FSD and went to go play tennis. Actually had to reset my car using the double rollers for the first time since opting out cause I felt that I would get dinged for some stuff and I wanted to preserve my 100 score.

After about 2 hours of playing tennis (and not checking my phone or car) I get to my car and see both a phone notification and a notification from my car that Beta 10.3.1 was ready to download! It had downloaded over LTE and I had it update my car while I went to go get a bite to eat. Took a 45 min drive back home with it and wow its cool but yes it does some funky stuff.

Good luck to those that are waiting. Suggest opting out and coming back in and reading the instructions for how to keep a perfect score carefully and driving the way they want you to. Weirdly enough my score is still in my app and I have been more free with my driving and I actually got my first dings in a while. I guess it doesn't matter though!

Late Update:

I took a break from worrying about FSD and went to go play tennis. Actually had to reset my car using the double rollers for the first time since opting out cause I felt that I would get dinged for some stuff and I wanted to preserve my 100 score.

After about 2 hours of playing tennis (and not checking my phone or car) I get to my car and see both a phone notification and a notification from my car that Beta 10.3.1 was ready to download! It had downloaded over LTE and I had it update my car while I went to go get a bite to eat. Took a 45 min drive back home with it and wow its cool but yes it does some funky stuff.

Good luck to those that are waiting. Suggest opting out and coming back in and reading the instructions for how to keep a perfect score carefully and driving the way they want you to. Weirdly enough my score is still in my app and I have been more free with my driving and I actually got my first dings in a while. I guess it doesn't matter though!
Awesome. Good luck and safe driving. 👍👍

JUST GOT THE EMAIL!!!!

So, for reference:

Was/am on 2021.36.5.1. Had never opted in. Opted in on Saturday October 30, finished the 102 mile drive on Sunday morning, 2am PT (October 31). I did drive the car twice this week. Once for 0.2 miles, and another time for 2 miles. Maintained 100 score. Got the email today, Nov 5, at 2:45pm PT. 104 miles total.
Congratulations!
Received a 2nd email today and update pushed again and this time no issues installing. Good to go.
I received a second email as well but nothing changed and my app shows my Beta download frozen at 36%–where it has been since Thursday afternoon when I received the first email.

When this happened once for a regular software update I have been able to go through the service center to fix it remotely end. I wonder if this is something they can help with?

Reactions: dillon
Well I did the reset, got the download and it didnt load, then got another download a couple days later and I now have the FSD Beta!! My thoughts are that the safety score trial made me a better driver. It just did. The FSD Beta is visually stunning with it's tendrils searching, exploring, seeking and acting as a pathfinder for you to safely operate your car. It just seems so much more advanced and futuristic. I absolutely love it.

Well I did the reset, got the download and it didnt load, then got another download a couple days later and I now have the FSD Beta!! My thoughts are that the safety score trial made me a better driver. It just did. The FSD Beta is visually stunning with it's tendrils searching, exploring, seeking and acting as a pathfinder for you to safely operate your car. It just seems so much more advanced and futuristic. I absolutely love it.
Congratulations.

Congratulations!

I received a second email as well but nothing changed and my app shows my Beta download frozen at 36%–where it has been since Thursday afternoon when I received the first email.

When this happened once for a regular software update I have been able to go through the service center to fix it remotely end. I wonder if this is something they can help with?
Did you try a reset to clear the hung download? Maybe disable sentry and power down for a deep sleep for a few as well. I'd think the in progress download needs to be cleared for a fresh push to work. Also, I'd sign out and close the app entirely, clear app data if possible, and relaunch just in case it's erroneously displaying the download status.

• Informative
Reactions: Itsuo-DC and K5TRX
Did you try a reset to clear the hung download? Maybe disable sentry and power down for a deep sleep for a few as well. I'd think the in progress download needs to be cleared for a fresh push to work. Also, I'd sign out and close the app entirely, clear app data if possible, and relaunch just in case it's erroneously displaying the download status.
I didnt do anything. I just waited and two days later I received a second email, as though the system knew the first attempt was unsuccessful. I also responded that there was a problem.

• Informative
Reactions: dillon
I was in no hurry in the first place and with a consistent score of 90 that works fine. Autopilot leaves way too much distance between cars and is much too timid taking action so I don't use it much. Even when I do use I have to frequently step on the accelerator to make it keep up or I end up with a pickup 10 feet behind me.

I bought a performance version specifically for the improved braking, cornering and acceleration and I do use all three.

And it doesn't like the way I corner?! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. The utube videos of people using fsd are scary when it comes to cornering.

Reactions: Thp3
Thanks, I’ll try these!
I didnt do anything. I just waited and two days later I received a second email, as though the system knew the first attempt was unsuccessful. I also responded that there was a problem.
I sent them an email after it was hanging them got the second email. I’m out of town so I’ll try to make sure it’s not just my App, etc. Then try to escalate after that. I’ll be the most relieved by the fact that I received the email(s) and don’t have to worry about the safety score!

For those of you opting in and getting FSD after the yoke updates, you'll note that the turn signals will NOT turn off automatically on side streets (i.e. where FSD visualizations are enabled, irrespective if FSD is enabled or not). Bit annoying. The turn signals will still turn off automatically when making lane changes on the highway (where it's using the regular AutoPilot software).

This is a shame. I hope they fix this in the next update for us FSD-ers.

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc and Itsuo-DC
For those of you opting in and getting FSD after the yoke updates, you'll note that the turn signals will NOT turn off automatically on side streets (i.e. where FSD visualizations are enabled, irrespective if FSD is enabled or not). Bit annoying. The turn signals will still turn off automatically when making lane changes on the highway (where it's using the regular AutoPilot software).

This is a shame. I hope they fix this in the next update for us FSD-ers.
It’s “yokers,” we are “yokers” and get a different FSD firmware than all other FSD’ers, @WilliamG