Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salary Sacrifice Age

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
My company are planning to offer salary sacrifice and just deciding the company to partner with. Given Tusker seam to be one of the biggest I guess it will be them. Is there a minimum age for Tesla with salary sacrifice?
My company wont give any info and if there is I'm going to have to buy a 2nd hand car anyway so would rather not wait

Thanks

Well it will probably be 18 but the choices are very limited by age. Most of the vehicles become available at 24. Our apprentice who is 20 was moaning as he couldn’t get what he wanted, after ringing up etc it was all to do with his age and insurance etc .

It’s got nothing to do with Tesla, any age restriction is down to what your company signs up to with the provider.

Tusker are just one example of many, most seem to price high because company car takers assume they’re cheap due to low BIK but the prices I’ve seen quoted can be as much as 50% higher than personal leases (although you often get a few extra benefits). Lower rate tax payers, especially those doing business miles can find themselves better off buying privately. Always pays to do your homework

Reactions: ringi and Fox86
It can vary depending on the car. The company I work for offer salary sacrifice via Arval and for a Tesla you need to be 30+ and it has a different set of terms regarding repair excess and driving history. I believe everything else they offer is 21+. As said though it probably also depends on what you company signed up for

My company used Fleet Evolution and the age is 24+ and I think you have to be employed for at least 6 months before becoming eligible.

We looked at a few schemes and there’s a load of options in the way the business can set this up. We could pick a lot of the terms and options offered to employees, etc. Employees then sign up to access a portal where they can look at every EV on the market, select options, enter salary details, term, etc and get a quote. If they want to go ahead they then submit it to get a finalised quote including a detailed insurance quote, you can opt out and arrange your own insurance too. There’s loads of options and its a bit of a learning curve for HR, payroll, etc managing it all the 1st time.

Tusker is the only option I have through work via local government, and comparably to other salary sacrifice schemes, is eye wateringly expensive unless you’re on executive salaries (which feels inverse to how it should be - earn less greater benefits, earn more why do you need to save more?).

A M3P is around £670 p/m for me for 4yrs, 10K miles via Tusker. I’ve known people here get quotes for the same package be around £500 p/m.

For reference, I’m 40, middle mgmt, no accidents/claims ever, good postcode area.

Ho hum!