Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage 2022 Model Y LR. High Voltage Battery contactors not closing. Car has the new Li-Ion 12v battery.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes man replace vcfront and everything will go away. just solved that issue on mine.
Glad you got yours fixed, I have few questions for you, you're the expert here.
Do you have to connect all electric plugs for the headlights and taillights to get over the FRONT codes and close the contactors?
Do you need to jump the car after replacing the VFRONT , if yes what is the right way to jump the new models? Did the battery maintainer help out?
Same for the toolbox, did the software help at all?
Any other recommendations the need to take in mind

Thanks

No you do not need to connect headlight or taillight for this fix. Yes even after replacement you do need to jump the car and redeploy the current software that will fix all the alert you have you showed in the post. No you do not need toolbox for this procedure. Where are you located?

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
yes man replace vcfront and everything will go away. just solved that issue on mine.
Ha! I was just gonna post my results as well, got the same fix! According to this Tesla guy, the version with the regular 12V battery only required the pyrofuse to be replaced after airbags and seatbelts. On the new system, the VCfront must be replaced as well. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you all for the help and support, and special thanks @Nintendo80 I was able to get the car back to life after replacing the VC Front, a few notes here to keep in mind here:
-If you have coolant issues, you have to fix them first. Otherwise, the pumps won't be able to purge and won't close the contactors
-All modules have to be connected, SRS or RCM, it doesn't matter if you have airbag issues, but the module has to be connected
-for some reason, if there is one of the main head/tail lights that might not be connected, that most likely will stop the software update
-While pushing the software update, you will need to have external support of 13V with 30 AMP and run the software update with the 12LV battery connected, don't worry about getting the LV drained if you have a good external support

Same with my salvage car, but my contactors are closing with maintainer and car works from HV battery only. firmware upgrade stucked with vc_batt and vc_front error. Service mode doesnt work too...
Big thx Nintendo) now i know about vc_front hope this will work

I know a dude if u need a contact let me know…
Hi Nintehdo
You solved your problem by yourself!
It was great.
I have same issue as you had.
I have a Tesla model Y 2020 salvage tilte damagee left rear side.
I am struglling over 2 months with same issue.
Draining 12 volt battery (repalced 2 times with new one), not shifing the gear to R or D.
Same alerts with you VCFRONT_a192.
Not wake up the HV.
Can you help me?
Thanks.

Hi Nintendo80
I bought the module from Ebay part number 1583991-01-c and replaced with my part (1497317-00-F REV02). It didn't work and popped up several alerts with 'incompatible drive system software detected' message-picture 1.
I returned it and bought another one from Ebay part number (1497317-00-F REV01) yesterday, but it didn't work again with several alerts messages.
What is redeploy as you mentioned. I installed it and factory reset and software updated. Do I need to take steps or made mistakes?
Do I have to buy same part number Rev02?
I don't know what should I do for this.
Please help me.
Thanks.

Attachments

• BC78877B-9E8C-4854-A2C8-A31C8838AA94.jpeg
    BC78877B-9E8C-4854-A2C8-A31C8838AA94.jpeg
    570.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 68890821-D867-40A5-B400-88085E215DBA.jpeg
    68890821-D867-40A5-B400-88085E215DBA.jpeg
    518.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 69B02B9D-412F-4182-9C41-58277070952B.jpeg
    69B02B9D-412F-4182-9C41-58277070952B.jpeg
    402.6 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: rotarypower101
Hi Nintendo80
I bought the module from Ebay part number 1583991-01-c and replaced with my part (1497317-00-F REV02). It didn't work and popped up several alerts with 'incompatible drive system software detected' message-picture 1.
I returned it and bought another one from Ebay part number (1497317-00-F REV01) yesterday, but it didn't work again with several alerts messages.
What is redeploy as you mentioned. I installed it and factory reset and software updated. Do I need to take steps or made mistakes?
Do I have to buy same part number Rev02?
I don't know what should I do for this.
Please help me.
Thanks.
Send me a PM man