Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage 2022 Model Y LR. High Voltage Battery contactors not closing. Car has the new Li-Ion 12v battery.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my case, after replacing with other vcfront modules, disappeared the later software. After replacing the original one, I can see the old ver. 2021.40.6 only. I called to sc and answered me something blocking to download later software. He recommend me to visit sc and might be downloaded latest software with sc network.
But I really want to fix this problem by myself. Hopefully, get the solution from a savior this forum.

In my case, after replacing with other vcfront modules, disappeared the later software. After replacing the original one, I can see the old ver. 2021.40.6 only. I called to sc and answered me something blocking to download later software. He recommend me to visit sc and might be downloaded latest software with sc network.
But I really want to fix this problem by myself. Hopefully, get the solution from a savior this forum.
If you really insist, you can actually try and use toolbox and force update server handshake after clearing update cache and resetting update service, this worked in my case.

After you do that you can check update progress in toolbox and see the output, it’s really so little information you can see there but better than what you can see on the screen.

If you really insist, you can actually try and use toolbox and force update server handshake after clearing update cache and resetting update service, this worked in my case.

After you do that you can check update progress in toolbox and see the output, it’s really so little information you can see there but better than what you can see on the screen.
Hi Mohammed
Thanks for your advice.
But I am a pure beginner. I don't understand toolbox , force update server handshake, clearing update cache. I willl try to know with gooling.
I really appreciate your help.

So I tried something else, I put back the old VCFront, and reinstalled the firmware again several times.

The PCS is working now, and NOT showing MIA as before, but now the BMS is show as “Faulty” which is weird because it was working before.

Now i’m only stuck with these errors related to the BMS not being able to close the contactors:

BMS_a081
BMS_a083
BMS_a071

782968C0-3518-486F-AAAC-251A681C57F4.jpeg

This is preventing the task “Reconnect LVBMS” from executing as the this task requires HV to be ON

Last edited:
is there anyone willing to help guys, I’m willing to pay.

I’m stuck now with these alerts and can’t get more technical information anywhere.

The PCS is making buzzing sound when trying to close contactors but they don’t actually close.

Isolation test passes and I can hear them close individually but never together outside that test.

Attachments

• 8939EDF8-CA7C-438F-BC70-0C0A70ED07DC.jpeg
    8939EDF8-CA7C-438F-BC70-0C0A70ED07DC.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 355B0C87-31AF-4020-9ECC-ADA4BE2EF855.jpeg
    355B0C87-31AF-4020-9ECC-ADA4BE2EF855.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 40E0E112-BEC0-4640-ADF4-4E13D947545A.jpeg
    40E0E112-BEC0-4640-ADF4-4E13D947545A.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 260
Fix the Car, Painted and assembled and they have to accept the car for repair... they have too!!! I will help you with that!
Hi, I have the same problem with my tesla Y 2022. Thank you for sharing your experience! I am located in UK and the VCFRONT part is not available to buy from Tesla. Only Tesla can supply and install. You mentioned that Tesla SC can not refuse the car for repair if the car is fully assembled after accident. Is this correct?
Thanks

Hi, I have the same problem with my tesla Y 2022. Thank you for sharing your experience! I am located in UK and the VCFRONT part is not available to buy from Tesla. Only Tesla can supply and install. You mentioned that Tesla SC can not refuse the car for repair if the car is fully assembled after accident. Is this correct?
Thanks
Are you looking for Tesla to continue repairing the vehicle you’re working on, or has the vehicle been running fine and you’re looking for Tesla to fix a new issue?

Are you looking for Tesla to continue repairing the vehicle you’re working on, or has the vehicle been running fine and you’re looking for Tesla to fix a new issue?
I am looking for tesla to finish with the repair. All body work is done and seatbelts been replaced including the airbag module also the pyrofuse. The only tithing left is to start the car :)) BTW I am based in UK. From everything I saw above, the VCFRONT module needs to be replaced. We are unable to buy it from Tesla in UK. They can supply and fit. I am not sure how are they going to proceed if they see that the car has been repaired in independent shop. Is there someone that has the car in the same satiation fixed by Tesla. I just don't want the car to be refused for repair or backlisted for no reason.
Please share some experience even if the experience is across the ocean :)
Thanks!

What alerts is your car showing in the service mode?
Please see below:
GTW w223 LVBMSversionMismatch

VCFRONT a528_ LVBatteryCommsDiscnetd

VCFRONT a479 LVBMS ECPA NotClosed

VCFRONT a476 LVBMSMIA

VCFRONT_a402_LVBatteryCannotSupportVehicle

MCSEC a203 rearEndpointLostComm

VCFRONT_a192_vehicleLoadShed

VCFRONT_a191_exitDriveLow12V

VCRIGHT a153 windowUncaiRear

VCRIGHT a152 windowUncalFront

GTW w223 LVBMSversionMismatch

VCFRONT a528 LVBatteryCommsDiscncta

VCFRONT_a479_LVBMS_ECPA_NotClosed

VCFRONT_a476_LVBMSMIA

VCFRONT a479 LVBMS ECPA NotClosed

VCFRONT_a476_LVBMSMIA

VCFRONT_a402_LVBatteryCannotSupportVehicle

VCSEC a203 rearEndpointLostComm

Can you share photos of the accident and provide information on what have you replaced/fixed beside body parts.

For an example have you changed the 16v battery?

From what I can see, you have the ECPA of the low voltage battery open, the low battery will not communicate with VCFront with the ECPA open.

1676567131392.jpeg

The ECPA is the green plastic piece on top of the connecter.
You can learn more about it from this video

What firmware version are you running on the car?

Last edited:
Can you share photos of the accident and provide information on what have you replaced/fixed beside body parts.

For an example have you changed the 16v battery?

From what I can see, you have the ECPA of the low voltage battery open, the low battery will not communicate with VCFront with the ECPA open.

View attachment 907890
The ECPA is the green plastic piece on top of the connecter.
You can learn more about it from this video

What firmware version are you running on the car?
Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion.
I did replace the battery two times. I do lock the green button but the computer doesn't detect it as locked. The battery is communicating with the car because the main screen shows the percentage of the capacity of the battery. This is the second battery I bought. Tesla are unable to charge them. The battery last only few minutes if the HV battery contactors are open and don't charge the LV battery. From what I saw above, the only think left not replaced after the accident is the VCFRONT. I heard that VCFRONT could be reprogramed, unfortunately no-one can do it in UK :) Tesla don't have it in stock and cannot give me a date for delivery. I am not sure if Tesla can reset the VCFRONT without replacing it. I guess I have to wait or get the car to Tesla SC and see if they can fix it.

Newer versions of firmware will let you do clearing of load shed right from service mode, make sure you have both headlights plugged and try to update the firmware to latest available version.

If you have latest version which is: 2023.2.10
You can change the battery type from Toolbox, this will let you plug regular acid 12v battery instead of Li-Ion and work on fixing the car the switch back to original Li-Ion afterwards.

In anyway make sure you have powerful enough external support to the LV system, should be between 13V and 16V, with 20-30 Amps.

The VCFront has eFuse system that stays open in case there was an accident, you can either clear the state on the bench (not sure how they do that, but can be done)
Or you can update firmware of car and clear it your self from service mode.

1676577518381.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston
Newer versions of firmware will let you do clearing of load shed right from service mode, make sure you have both headlights plugged and try to update the firmware to latest available version.

If you have latest version which is: 2023.2.10
You can change the battery type from Toolbox, this will let you plug regular acid 12v battery instead of Li-Ion and work on fixing the car the switch back to original Li-Ion afterwards.

In anyway make sure you have powerful enough external support to the LV system, should be between 13V and 16V, with 20-30 Amps.

The VCFront has eFuse system that stays open in case there was an accident, you can either clear the state on the bench (not sure how they do that, but can be done)
Or you can update firmware of car and clear it your self from service mode.

View attachment 907944
I really appreciate your advise! I haven't tried anything of what you suggested. I don't have accesses to toolbox but I can buy a month of subscription. I will try this and will let you know how it goes.
Many Thanks!