Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Francisco-Bay Area Tesla Meet Up in San Francisco

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The weekend of 19 May has just filled up for me, but obviously that shouldn't prevent the group from meeting if enough people can otherwise make it!

I was just going to observe that doodle.com is useful for coordinating a group of people trying to decide a date for something, kinda like we're all doing here.

Bruce.

Reactions: Blu Zap
@bmah, good idea thanks.

Just set up the account here if anyone is interested in going:

Doodle: The SF Tesla Club Event

Or you can also post here and I'll go through the dates to see what works for the majority.

@kev1n, hey we met in San Francisco back in Feb and drove down to Half Moon Bay, got lunch and hit the San Mateo SC on the way back. This time, the plan is to go further down south to Carmel, get lunch, drive through the 17 mile drive take some pictures and hit either the Monterey SC in the Del Monte shopping center (there are 10 stalls there) or the one in Sand City which is in Monterey also, with 6 stalls, or the Gilroy SC on the way back. Couple of options.

@bmah, good idea thanks.

Just set up the account here if anyone is interested in going:

Doodle: The SF Tesla Club Event

Or you can also post here and I'll go through the dates to see what works for the majority.

@kev1n, hey we met in San Francisco back in Feb and drove down to Half Moon Bay, got lunch and hit the San Mateo SC on the way back. This time, the plan is to go further down south to Carmel, get lunch, drive through the 17 mile drive take some pictures and hit either the Monterey SC in the Del Monte shopping center (there are 10 stalls there) or the one in Sand City which is in Monterey also, with 6 stalls, or the Gilroy SC on the way back. Couple of options.

@mainecoon : I should be able to make May 19 actually.

Saturdays would work better for us and we would meet you guys near the end point somewhere to meet up for lunch and then do the 17-mile drive together. Haven't done that in a few years and it's always a gorgeous drive. We'd be able to make Sat, May 19, June 2 or 16.

Hey thecloud glad you could make another date. Sounds like a plan! So are we set on June 16th then and put it out there for everyone? Will be nice to see you guys again and meet you Mainecoon. Guess we still need an agenda and lunch meetup location.

Last edited:
Yup, cool looks like it's gonna be Saturday, June 16. Please mark it down. I look forward to meeting everyone (a few of you for the second time!).
I'll post up a new thread and open it up to others who may want to join us.

I think most folks are from the South Bay (SJ area). Since I'm in San Francisco and @Blu Zap from Marin we can meet the rest of you guys in San Jose and go from there.

Attached is the map route. DM me for lunch ideas, suggestions and I can make a poll.

Attachments

• TRIP.JPG
    TRIP.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Yup, cool looks like it's gonna be Saturday, June 16. Please mark it down. I look forward to meeting everyone (a few of you for the second time!).
Sounds good. I'm in! I'll bring the banner for photo Ops. @mainecoon please post the event to the Silicon Valley group. I suggest we start at a SuperCharger, if possible. Some of us may want to top off before heading to Monterey. Looking forward to it!! Thanks for coordinating @mainecoon

I think most folks are from the South Bay (SJ area). Since I'm in San Francisco and @Blu Zap from Marin we can meet the rest of you guys in San Jose and go from there.

Attached is the map route. DM me for lunch ideas, suggestions and I can make a poll.

The group notification went black on me so I just catched up. Fortunately June 16th works for me! So I’ll be joining. I voted on the doodle anyway before seeing the final decision message later on the thread :)

For the folks coming from SF/North Bay, if you come down 101 then you may want to meet at the Sunnyvale SC (less busy than Mountain View or Cupertino). If you're coming down 280, or 880 from the East Bay, then the Cupertino SC is located closer to Hwy 280 and 17.

I second @bmah 's earlier suggestion about possibly coming back via Salinas and using that SC instead of Monterey or Seaside (or Gilroy.) It has 14 stalls, with a BJ's Brewhouse and other options in the same parking lot as the supercharger. (By comparison, there are only 10 stalls at Monterey, and 6 stalls at Seaside.)

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Hi @Blu Zap I got a banner in the works for Tesla Club of San Francisco and should be ready by June. I'm open to anyone from any other group to join but I want to keep this under what I originally started out which was to have a Tesla Club in San Francisco.

Hi @chibi_kurochan cool, good to have you join us. Your in San Jose right? You probably don't want to backtrack and meet at Sunnyvale, we can let you know when we are heading down and you can catch us by 17.

@thecloud the W McKinley Ave SC in Sunnyvale is a good place to meet. 10 SC (I realize there is probably going to be more than 10 of us in total, but I don't think all of us will need a full charge in Sunnyvale from where we are coming from. Maybe just a few minutes. The leg going to Pebble Beach/Carmel is 122 miles from SF so...not that far) and it's in between folks coming in from the EB (they can come in from 237 and hit 85 and then exit off 82 and your there. Same for folks coming down on the 101. For 280 folks we can go on 85 and 82. We should all meet at one place and then head down from there.

Going back the Salinas SC is also a good idea. Closer than Gilroy too. I'll finalize all this in a new post if no objections.

OK, next up--food options...

@TEG, there's a Doodle link up in this thread, please check it out.

@thecloud the W McKinley Ave SC in Sunnyvale is a good place to meet. 10 SC (I realize there is probably going to be more than 10 of us in total, but I don't think all of us will need a full charge in Sunnyvale from where we are coming from. Maybe just a few minutes. The leg going to Pebble Beach/Carmel is 122 miles from SF so...not that far) and it's in between folks coming in from the EB (they can come in from 237 and hit 85 and then exit off 82 and your there. Same for folks coming down on the 101. For 280 folks we can go on 85 and 82. We should all meet at one place and then head down from there.

+1 on that. Sunnyvale is probably the best (least bad?) Supercharger in the South Bay to meet up, at least there should be room to stage those of us who are not charging.

This'll be fun, thanks for organizing!

Bruce.

All good. I am fine to meet up at either the Sunnyvale or Cupertino superchargers. Going home through Salinas sounds good, if that is not adding miles.
A couple of considerations. How will the traffic be over 17 Saturday morning? Should we allow extra time for traffic? Wherever we are meeting for lunch, we should warn the management that we will all want separate tabs.

@mainecoon glad you are getting a banner! Thanks for organizing!

Hi @Blu Zap I got a banner in the works for Tesla Club of San Francisco and should be ready by June. I'm open to anyone from any other group to join but I want to keep this under what I originally started out which was to have a Tesla Club in San Francisco.

Hi @chibi_kurochan cool, good to have you join us. Your in San Jose right? You probably don't want to backtrack and meet at Sunnyvale, we can let you know when we are heading down and you can catch us by 17.

Going back the Salinas SC is also a good idea. Closer than Gilroy too. I'll finalize all this in a new post if no objections.

OK, next up--food options...

@TEG, there's a Doodle link up in this thread, please check it out.
I don’t mind meeting up in Sunnyvale too. It’s super close to home. And like @bmah said, lots of parking space available too.