Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SAS lowers at wrong speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the latest manual, the Smart Air Suspension should lower automatically from very high to high at 22mph (35 kph) and from high to standard at 35 mph (55kph). (I am on 2.40.21 still)

I noticed that my car is often still high or very high after a trip around town (it starts very high in my garage due to my driveway). So I started to watch when it transitions.

It drops from VH to H at 35 MPH, and H to S at 55MPH! So often I never go fast enough on a short trip to drop the suspension. When driving at around 35, I see the Very High setting grey out above 35 and come back to being enabled under 35, so it is definitely using that speed setting. It is suspicious that 35 is the setting in kph and 55 the setting in kph.

I have tried a full reboot and I have toggled into using km and back to miles, but nothing changes. On my old S on 7.1 it worked exactly as documented in the manual.

Can anybody else either confirm that they have this problem, or is it only me. Is it possible that they are using the numeric value but the wrong units?

Correction to my above post - the speed for the H to S transition is actually 48 mph. I also changed my units to metric and the transitions still occur at the exact same actual speed - so its not the units being ignored.

Just seems on my car at least, the speeds are completely different from what the manual claims