Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sat Nav Useless

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Volvo XC60 T8 atm, on the Volvo Forums it is surprising how many people say that sat nav is useless, but I have found it does it's job every time, and the most impressive point about it, is in the VOC app you can search pretty well anything it finds it to the door, and then you send it to the car, so simple and so safe, than trying to type in an address etc. while moving, lets face it who does put it in before you set off, you just want to get on your way.

I had a bit of a nightmare with it in central London. On at least 3 occasions it asked that I make a right turn when a right turn was prohibited. I had to ignore its advice and then the rerouting took me a considerable amount out of my way.
Also, the speed limits are more often wrong than right, which is a pain. Right thumb wheel getting an awful lot of use.
That said, it's not as though other in car GPS systems are any better.

What do you expect - its an off roader... ;)
You do realise there are options to avoid motorways, take the shortest route etc? I'd check your settings, as it appears they have been set in a way that doesn't work for you.
The thing that drives me crazy on my discovery is that some genius saved 50p on a compass, and as a result the car gets confused at every single roundabout. That alone is probably enough for me not to buy Land Rover again.

• Helpful
Reactions: Andywil
You do realise there are options to avoid motorways, take the shortest route etc? I'd check your settings, as it appears they have been set in a way that doesn't work for you.
The thing that drives me crazy on my discovery is that some genius saved 50p on a compass, and as a result the car gets confused at every single roundabout. That alone is probably enough for me not to buy Land Rover again.

Oh, I could tell you every single option in the LandRover nav settings, believe me. I can also confirm that no matter how sensibly you set them it all goes out of the window when the car sniffs a farm track. It's some core, undivertable, instinct the car has to go through mud and inaccessible lanes no matter how you set the nav.

Oh, I could tell you every single option in the LandRover nav settings, believe me. I can also confirm that no matter how sensibly you set them it all goes out of the window when the car sniffs a farm track. It's some core, undivertable, instinct the car has to go through mud and inaccessible lanes no matter how you set the nav.

This ^^^^ was my experience too. Every time. Irrespective of the settings. Including when on road trips through France so not isolated to UK roads, or rather tracks. Land Rover sat nav, in my experience, has Land Rover DNA. And it’s awful.

Long time since I owned a LandRover - and it was a real one too, not one of these fake prima donna jobbies they sell these days o_O So no sat nav, heater, comfort, but it was a posh one as it did have wind down windows and a roof.