Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC gave me a free tool to keep..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not to be a stereotypical prick but a lot of them seem like low life stoners without a high school diploma.

upload_2020-8-1_18-41-13.jpeg

Mobile service tech left his tool lights in my trunk. I texted him to come back and he was very surprised, because he said he still has his work lights. Maybe Tesla factory leaves tools hidden in the trunk? To make it easier for future repairs that will happen? lol
On our first road trip in Summer '18 with the M3, a piece of a retread got kicked up and knocked one of the ultrasonic sensors into the front bumper. We were between Portland and Seattle, and decided to try the Seattle SvC.

They were super kind and got us back on the road in about 45 minutes for no cost. As we crossed into Canada, I got a call asking if we found a cell phone in the frunk. We checked and it was nowhere to be found. A few days later, we got another call saying the tech's cell phone went missing after he fixed our sensor (by removing part of the frunk).

As we returned to SoCal a week or so later, we were at a Supercharger in Concord, CA and happened to notice a mobile service tech charging his MS. I mentioned what happened and asked if he'd check under the frunk and he kindly took to disassembling it. Sure enough, the Seattle tech's phone was sitting in there underneath. I gave him the details and he took the phone to return to Seattle. He joked that he would be giving that tech some grief about this. No doubt by the time it got back to Seattle, the tech had a new phone. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: sckor and VikH