Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scans of the excellent UK Autocar Model S review against Aston Martin Rapide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Here below are medium resolution scans of the UK Autocar article featuring the Model S Vs Aston Martin Rapide and Porsche Panemera TDi of in its first big feature article seen over here.

Reproduced by kind written permission of the editor of Autocar | First for car news and car reviews

FrontL_zpsc5728b31.jpg FrontR_zps7b1ef5ad.jpg

Whilst the Model S Economy is shown as 283 wh/mile its probably nearer 330-350, I have to point out that the Aston, fabulous though it is, is more like 13mpg (having run one that’s what I got ..).

Over the course of 100,000 miles, the Model S is likely to use about £2,000 of electricity at typical night time rates, where as the Aston will consume nearly £60,000 of petrol and probably £20k in servicing, by which time the Model S will have paid for itself in savings and continue on for another 2/300,000 miles. Having PV on your roof will mean it will cost you nothing to run . .

All things considered, this is an excellent article for a UK based magazine.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this - great read - very impressive. Well, expect for the part on page 48 about emissions: "precisely zero from Tesla's tailpipe" - right sentiment, but shows how traditional car people still can't move past the existence of a tailpipe.

In the video, it said acceleration 0-60 was tested at 4.6s on the MSP+ Any idea why that might be?

Excellent video - for the biggest British Car magazine in an anti-EV country, these guys really geddit :biggrin:

I wonder if Top Gear UK can be trusted to give it a balanced review. Or do you think they'll try and measure the average of 10 standing quarters back to back and complain the car went into power-limit mode . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this also today. Again, 0-60 times of 4.6s and 4.9s. Did Tesla make any changes to the software or hardware compared to early build cars?

I've seen videos where they say 6 seconds--just misinformed people. Good news they all love the S!

Thanks for the scans!
And by the way: Biggest Anti-EV country is Germany, where I live.
Gee I can't imagine why. You mean VW, Porsche, BMW, Audi, etc don't have charging stations for your Tesla at their factories :biggrin: