Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schedule departure a bit late

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar issue, here. This has happened sporadically a few times in the last few months, But not every day. If I've not set any peak or off peak times, had my car plugged in since 7pm yesterday and have preconditioning set for 6am departure today, why would it tell me I've still got 35 minutes til full charge at 5:59am? It's a good thing I have more flexibility in my schedule this morning than I programmed into my scheduled departure time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221026-052024.png
    Screenshot_20221026-052024.png
    189 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20221026-060325~2.png
    Screenshot_20221026-060325~2.png
    421.4 KB · Views: 35
Upvote 0
Was it still charging at 6:25 though? Perhaps it's nothing to do with scheduled charging... I've found it to be off by a couple of percent in general throughout the past several months.

I had mine set to 65% but routinely found it charged to 64%, 66%, 67%... probably started that at one of the updates this year.

Upvote 0
Was it still charging at 6:25 though? Perhaps it's nothing to do with scheduled charging... I've found it to be off by a couple of percent in general throughout the past several months.

I had mine set to 65% but routinely found it charged to 64%, 66%, 67%... probably started that at one of the updates this year.
When I got to the garage, out was still charging and I saw on the Tesla mobile connector (wall side) the TESLA "T" was slow flashing red, at an interval of once per cycle. Some googling tells me this is one of the indications of charger overheating. I'm seeing in some resources that there has been widespread use of low-end NEMA 14-50 outlets for EV charge circuits. I guess I need to investigate if my electrician used one designed for an oven (shorter duration power draw). It was 3+ years ago. I guess there have been lessons learned about the power draw characteristics of EVs, and better products available. I'll see what I can learn about my outlet.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
Upvote 0