Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

School of the Hidden Vins - Guide to Tracking your Tesla after ordering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a VIN and delivery confirmation for next week!
My account still shows no vin

Congrats. It sometimes happens. Lately some cars have been reallocated from last quarter where customers did not take delivery (for whatever reason - like finance). You are very lucky. You should get an invoice too, and the account will update with the vin shortly.

Hi Veda,
Tesla Australia seems to be playing funny buggers with getting cars from Sydney to Melbourne.
My car has been off the ship since the 20th of December and still not in transit from Sydney. I found the hidden VIN but the delivery team are not being helpful at all. I suspect that they are waiting for the next shipment to arrive to make for a full truck load.
Is this typical behavior?

It’s still in the normal bracket - 2.5-6 weeks from ship arrival. The car may have likely needed a correction of some type. Melbourne delivery particularly could improve on comms with more transparency. It’s a recurring theme.

@Vostok I think you read that comment wrong, in context, he is telling people to check out my post so they can see the level fo detail he is able to provide. Like I said in the Vinless thread, he can contact me or the mods if he likes and I will do whatever to remove it, I am not trying to rip him off in anyway.