Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen defects

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did screen cleaning mode for the first time and saw these shapes in the screen - can’t clean them off. Now when watching theatre mode, dark mode, in some light conditions in light mode,I can really see them.

Is this yet another known fault with Tesla?

Suppose i should add it to the litany of Tesla faults to get fixed at SC?

Attachments

• 052C412D-C3B6-425C-865E-B220EC41968C.jpeg
    052C412D-C3B6-425C-865E-B220EC41968C.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 139
I did screen cleaning mode for the first time and saw these shapes in the screen - can’t clean them off. Now when watching theatre mode, dark mode, in some light conditions in light mode,I can really see them.

Is this yet another known fault with Tesla?

Suppose i should add it to the litany of Tesla faults to get fixed at SC?
It's a computer screen. Computer screens have been known to fail: hp, apple, compaq, etc. etc. It's not a "known fault with Tesla."

I agree that it appears to be bubbles beneath a screen protector. Did you press gently on them? Do they move?

If you have a "litany of Tesla faults," have a SC take care of them.

FYI, I've got 42k miles, 2021 MYLR, 2 issues, easily resolved...1)noisy adjustable steering column motor [replaced], 2) HVAC connector behind the computer screen wasn't fully connected, quickly corrected. Hardly a "litany of Tesla faults."

Maybe it's the original plastic film on the screen upon delivery?
Don’t tell my wife I told this story or I will be dead.

We had our appliance repair guy in looking at our refrigerator and my wife asked him what he recommended to clean the front of our ~6 month old dishwasher because it looked awful.

He quiet reached over and pulled off the plastic film.