Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen not waking up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twice today I have got into the car, (unlocked with Phone) and the screen has not come alive, just blank black, the only way I have to activate it is a soft reboot, that has worked so far, and it has been fine, I notice it is when the car has been left a period of time.

Not happened before, anyone else have this?

Any ideas?

I have experienced this bug with the latest firmware and have seen other mention it, however I've not read of it happening so frequently as for you. Maybe try turning the car off and logging a service request if it happens again.

Same happened to me yesterday morning, couldn't connect to the car with the app (although could unlock it). Screen blank and brake pedal very hard! Did a soft reset and all was fine, had me worried for a while! (I'm on 2020.12.5).

Last edited:
Hey the same thing happened to me today. Car was sleeping for less than 24hrs and I don’t know if it was the soft reset or me tapping the card on the centre console that woke up the car. I’m on 2021.44.30 / 2021 model 3 RWD. I’m in Toronto and it was cold today