Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Cleaner Recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Detailed my spankin' new 3 last night and used Meguiars leather cleaner and conditioner. Rather than the soft, matte look they are now greasy and have patches of where I wiped the product. I thought it would soak in and go away but it's not so I may use some Clorox wipes to clean them tonight, hoping it helps. Any recommendations on what product to use on these seats that dont make them greasy/shinny? I've heard the seats are not leather and unsure what they are actually made of.

Attachments

• SEAT.jpg
    SEAT.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 461
The seats are polyurethane. As I recall, the manufacturer recommends Fantastik spray. The seats do not seem to breathe so I guess they are non-porous and that's why leather conditioner doesn't get absorbed. I've used 303 on vinyl and plastics for ages and really love it. Works great on the model 3 dash and door panels but I have not used it on the seats...so far just a damp microfiber to clean the seats.

Detailed my spankin' new 3 last night and used Meguiars leather cleaner and conditioner. Rather than the soft, matte look they are now greasy and have patches of where I wiped the product. I thought it would soak in and go away but it's not so I may use some Clorox wipes to clean them tonight, hoping it helps. Any recommendations on what product to use on these seats that dont make them greasy/shinny? I've heard the seats are not leather and unsure what they are actually made of.
I made the exact same mistake and used CarGuys Supercleaner to clean that horrible mess up. My seats now look like the day I picked them up, not shiny and greasy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071XB18BF/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1