Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat destroyed by dog

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 11 month old German Shepherd destroyed my front seat top after leaving him alone in car for 10 minutes. Dog mode did not work lol! It’s our fault for leaving him alone for the first time. We have an upholstery person to repair it. Looking for advice to get the material. Would prefer the same material Tesla used. If I get some upgraded leather will have to do both seats so it matches. Any advice is much appreciated.
F6DAC70F-A968-4EB4-A1F3-AD417AD748FB.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: GeoG
Agreed, salvage is often good for stuff like this.

Otherwise take the car to the service center and have them fix it. Or do it yourself if you are mechanically inclined. Then you could fill in the missing foam without having to buy a whole new setback, or an upholstery place could do it for you. Tesla is surprisingly inexpensive on some of its spare parts. You can get the part # in the parts catalogue epc.tesla.com and order through the phone app. I have done it and was impressed with the ease and affordability.

1670245608632.png

To have an upholstery repair sow would be my last resort.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glen959
Upvote 0
You can buy an entire seat upper and headrest from Ebay.
It can be a DIY project but you'd need to be careful and have some basic skills.
You really can't get matching materials to "fix" that level of damage.
You need a new faux leather complete, new foam complete, new back plastic complete, etc.
They do have them on Ebay.
You could buy one and bring to an installer. Etc.

Upvote 0
Dogs can freak out if they’re left alone in an unfamiliar situation. My dogs will get used to a routine or schedule of when I’m out of the house. Once he tore down multiple window blinds because he was left alone and probably trying to find out where I went and he wasn’t used to the change. I can’t really blame him since he was feeling insecure and just wanted to find me.

Upvote 0
My 11 month old German Shepherd destroyed my front seat top after leaving him alone in car for 10 minutes. Dog mode did not work lol! It’s our fault for leaving him alone for the first time. We have an upholstery person to repair it. Looking for advice to get the material. Would prefer the same material Tesla used. If I get some upgraded leather will have to do both seats so it matches. Any advice is much appreciated. View attachment 881189
Wow love to see a pic of your GSD. Guess he has separation anxiety. Just need some training. He will do fine.
Here are mine.
FC781E06-D83C-44A3-8637-2938DF3B908E.jpeg

Upvote 0
I would probably buy a salvaged seat but if you are going to get it done by an upholstery shop... I would just upgrade just to be a little different.

There are a few threads in the forum where people upgraded the interior and its not all that expensive.

Upvote 0