Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kirkland to Vancouver trip

I did Kirkland to Vancouver (WA) this weekend - 182 miles each way. Did a range charge in both cases and had 55 miles left on the way down and 35 on the way back. Took no special precautions - drove 72 mph or so and climate control was on normal. Kept an eye on the energy usage and as long as we were below around 420 Wh/mi I figured we would be fine. Ended up about 330 Wh/mi on the way down, and were actually in the 280's in all the traffic between Southcenter and Olympia. Averaged about 360 Wh/mi on the way back, probably because we hit no traffic and also the outside temp was a little cooler and I think the heater was running a little bit more.

Overall quite an uneventful trip. I helped my Dad put in a 14-50 in his garage (their house was our destination in Vancouver), so worry-free (and cost-free) charging.

On the way back we scouted around Centralia for the rumored supercharger near the Starbucks and Safeway. Couldn't find anything. I'd be surprised if Tesla would be able to get permission to use that particular parking lot as it was very packed and busy on a Sunday afternoon. I also looked around in a few adjacent parking lots but nothing came to light.