Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second Reveal Date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although I am an avid fan of Elon M......if he said something more than a month ago...I can' hang my hat on it. Its sad, but its historical.

EM is too busy "Osborne-ing" the S and X with irresponsible Tweets on future state vaporware. How many people are delaying ordering and delivery of an S and X waiting for the next, mythical hardware release?

One day, it will be his undoing. Sad.

Osborne effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EM is too busy "Osborne-ing" the S and X with irresponsible Tweets on future state vaporware. How many people are delaying ordering and delivery of an S and X waiting for the next, mythical hardware release?

If you go back and watch/listen to something he said 10 years ago about what he expected Tesla to achieve in the next 10 years, all pretty much has come to be. His timeline expectations to get from point A to B may not be accurate, but what he says does happen.
I wouldn't bet against him doing what he says, but an over/under on the release date is a sure thing ;)

Elon said it will be an obvious thing. We don't technically know if its about Model 3... he said those words in Code Conference.

watch 39:40 for about 1 min or so..

He was asked about autonomy and given the recent reports about Autopilot 2 hardware etc. that's what the event will be about: full demonstration of what Autopilot 2.0 is capable of.

Reactions: DrivingTheFuture

Since Tesla Generation III vehicles have been The GOAL since the inception of the company, the Model S and Model X were 'Osborned' from day one.

The Secret Tesla Motors Master Plan (just between you and me)

If I were planning the second reveal I'd do it very soon after the Bolt reviews hit the internet so folks will have something to compare to.

It sounds logical, but I am not sure Model 3 is ready to be revealed yet. I am not sure when EM or Tesla were setting their internal date for Model 3 2nd reveal, if they consciously thought about when Bolt reveal date may be.

But, we have this article here..

Tesla Model 3: Tesla is ordering enough parts for a fleet of ~300 prototypes

I wonder if these have anything to do with 2nd reveal. Maybe just for internal crash testing ??

I would love it if the Model ☰ Reveal Part II had Elon begin by congratulating General Motors for the brave release of the BOLT. He could speak of how well it had sold and how that was a good (though perhaps tentative) step in the direction he'd like to see the rest of the traditional automotive industry move toward. Then, it would be extra special cool if he were then to show off an either free or low cost completely unauthorized by GM adapter that would allow a BOLT to use a Supercharger in order to demonstrate Tesla's dedication to a proper competitive environment among EVs. Perhaps with video playing behind him of someone easily and successfully fast charging a BOLT at a Supercharger.